Now here's an amp on my "bucket list" to put on the Amp Dyno...the Linear Power 8002SW. This amp was available from approx. 1991-1997 and sold for $1600. It is a single channel (mono) 800W amp, which is Class AB and runs the full spectrum from 20Hz - 20kHz. Theoretically, you could use 3 or 4 of these amps to power subs plus mids/highs in a high end system.

See how the 20yr old 800W amp performed on the SMD/D'Amore Engineering Amp Dyno!

Watch on YouTube in 1080P

or embedded below:

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

Just by glancing ... I'm thinking that this is a stock 8002sw.

I'm thinking the factory modifications done by TIPS can make these amplifiers do more.

Also, I didn't see where you had the feedback circuit hooked up ... May have made a difference.

This amplifier and 4.1hvs are the only 2 amplifiers that were meant for subwoofer only application. So no, I would not consider these full range operation amplifiers. They may work, but they are mono amplifiers and just wasn't used as full range amplifiers.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

slightly off topic, but couldn't you use a pair of these, say per door?

or 4 of them, a pair for door mid ranges, and a pair for highs... For complete separation and what not?

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

or 4 of them, a pair for door mid ranges, and a pair for highs... For complete separation and what not?

These were primarily used as sub driver amplifiers ... Again, not intended for anything else.

Now with that being said ... Just about EVERY other Linear Power amplifier on the market would work great with the application you suggested ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

These were primarily used as sub driver amplifiers ... Again, not intended for anything else.

Now with that being said ... Just about EVERY other Linear Power amplifier on the market would work great with the application you suggested ...

That's super cool... Been something I would love to try for awhile

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.