Sundown Audio

Subsonic on dc 3.5k

YukonDCXL

I'm guessing my post wasn't read as sarcastic as it should've been. Like others have said, be responsible with what you play it's as simple as that lol. I've got a DC 9k that I haven't even moved the SSF on. I just don't go all willy nilly playing songs full tilt for the first time lol

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

and make sure you pay attention

Pay attention? What will I be looking for or hearing for?

if you start smelling weird smells or hearing unusual sounds back it off. Probably don't let it go full tilt until you know the song. The thing is, you can never solely rely on the filter to save you. You have to know your system well enough to know when something isn't right. You can't just turn the volume up and forget about, especially when pushing equipment to it's limits.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

if you start smelling weird smells or hearing unusual sounds back it off. Probably don't let it go full tilt until you know the song. The thing is, you can never solely rely on the filter to save you. You have to know your system well enough to know when something isn't right. You can't just turn the volume up and forget about, especially when pushing equipment to it's limits.

That's the reason I brought this up because I keep getting a vc smell and I've tuned with dd1 and play clean music

That's the reason I brought this up because I keep getting a vc smell and I've tuned with dd1 and play clean music

Are you sure it's not enclosure issues?

And yeah I'd rather know the songs I play rather than play whatever pops up. I enjoy listening to clean stuff more than clipped to tits. Every single rar I had was playable apart from a few select songs. Turn the car on and walk off half tilt at "get togethers" all the time

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I'm with Boom on a lot of this stuff, it's not a crutch for not knowing your stuff or a poorly installed/designed system. I have mine set pretty low to basically catch anything crazy, but I mostly rely on what I know about my system to keep my equipment safe. It's sounding like you have something else going on.

Also if you are relying solely on that clipping light then you haven't set your gains right.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I simply know the limits of my system. Never have and never will use the subsonic filter.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I set with dd1 at -5 db but the clipping light is telling me something is wrong... I didn't really think it was the sf but I'm trying to cover all possible reasons

Those clipping lights aren't the most accurate things ever. If using the SF causes problems, there are other issues anyway. If you set it too low, you can play too far below tuning and that isn't a filter problem, it's an operator problem. If you set it too high, then you just limit your bandwidth.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived