Second Skin Audio

re using pallets

MACnonsence6

the flooring iddea came to mind also i may try ths on a smaller level with 2 sa8v2 and see how things go

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

I like that idea as much as I like the idea of building a pegboard subwoofer box.

my plan is to go over everything in resin when im done so there shouldnt be any leaks. and if gorrilla glues bond is as strong as it says i dont think ill have any issue with the pieces seperating. also plan to go threw and glass the inside.

where do you guys think the issues would be with the pieces glued together seperating?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

With a standard box, you have 12+ edges to fasten and seal......you're going to multiply that by 100....not sure why you would want to go through all that time and effort just to be different.

......damn hipsters.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Red and blue pallets are rental pallets,if those are the ones your looking at. The standard 40x48 pallets are worth 8 bucks or more... Your company has a surplus of good pallets and don't sell them?

This^^^^ We use Chep and PECO pallets at work.

2010 Focus coupe- 8 12" wall. 157.5@46hz

2016 Focus ST - SQ build.

No, just no.

It would be more work it to just build a fiberglass box. I mean with the amount of glue and resin your already gonna need a completely glasses box using fleece and Mat would be better.

Could use the old pallet to make the frame of the sub box.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

if they are goo 5/8" #1 pallets you could use all the planks for reinforcement on the outside of the box like people do with 2x4's. I wouldn't use the runners though

I have never seen a pallet jd use for anything idnwant people to see.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I wouldn't if I was you.

I have to add, at my work (3M) we use TONS of pallets and they are all heavy duty oak which surprises me, I sure would like to have used that nice oak elsewhere, that is all.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived