Kyblack76 Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 Fuse for your current demandsI fuse for my wire lets say i have a alt,.. that does 100 amp But, i put a 2/0 wire on it.. cuz.. MORE IS BEST, and COOL right? would you fuse it to 450 amp ? ... then your wire IS the fuse............. this happens when running "duals" and many other times....... fusing to "wire load" is NOT always best...... not with what "we" do... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
hdorre Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 Sure the extra fusing is useless.. But meh.. It's not unsafe from my understanding.. And works for me. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
hdorre Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 Just saw ur latest reply, and yes.. I understan your point now Kyle. Thanks for explaining. It's making me think now lol On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Kyblack76 Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 Just saw ur latest reply, and yes.. I understan your point now Kyle. Thanks for explaining. It's making me think now lol Put dual ins on your amp... 2 1.0 runs.. would you fuse them both to "wire load" ? so the ONE in would pull 700 amp? ??? then your just banking on the wire as a break... Sure the extra fusing is useless.. But meh.. It's not unsafe from my understanding.. And works for me. i would ALWAYS re read what i say....... if it dont make sense to you....... just sayin SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Miguels Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 i have a dc9k with 9 inputs.. i would put 9 100a fuse not 9 300a fuse my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
08tahoe Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 Some people say to fuse for wire on your big 3 from battery to alt, and some people don't fuse for the big 3 from battery to alt (I do fuse wherever I can). But to answer your question, put a 200 amp fuse in and you'll be good..
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 Some people say to fuse for wire on your big 3 from battery to alt, and some people don't fuse for the big 3 from battery to alt (I do fuse wherever I can). But to answer your question, put a 200 amp fuse in and you'll be good..Fuse for the current demands. if you have an amp that draws 100 amps what's the point in fusing any higher than that? That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
08tahoe Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 Some people say to fuse for wire on your big 3 from battery to alt, and some people don't fuse for the big 3 from battery to alt (I do fuse wherever I can). But to answer your question, put a 200 amp fuse in and you'll be good..Fuse for the current demands. if you have an amp that draws 100 amps what's the point in fusing any higher than that? I do fuse for current demands. That's why I said put a 200 amp fuse.. And I was just about to write that I'm with you and kyle on fusing for current demands.
08tahoe Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 Some people say to fuse for wire on your big 3 from battery to alt, and some people don't fuse for the big 3 from battery to alt (I do fuse wherever I can). But to answer your question, put a 200 amp fuse in and you'll be good..Fuse for the current demands. if you have an amp that draws 100 amps what's the point in fusing any higher than that? And if you re read my post I was talking about what some people say about fusing for big 3 from batt to alt not fusing to your amp.
MrSkippyJ Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 zero reason to leave the fuse out of the big 3. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.