Sonic Electronix

How much would I be over paying?

If you want a cleaner sound, you need to add the sound materials.

Your invoice shows 2 for the quantity of speakers. Are they sold individually, or are you getting two sets? If they are all going in the front doors, there is obvious labor to make them fit.

Shocked it took anyone all the way to the second page to notice that. So 2 sets of C2 coax and a set of tweeters (which I see OP says will be eliminated later) to fit in what vehicle? Has to be some custom labor involved.

I had been an audio installer for a high end shop for quite a few years and this is how we generally broke it down on basic installs:

Each set of direct-fit speakers is 1 hour.

Amp is two hours mounted basic, wired, etc. Custom add more, of course.

Component sets are 3 hours (1 hour per component--woofer, tweeter, crossover). Some components go in faster, some take longer than you'd think. Usually evens out. Crossovers are always mounted, never zip tied under a dash or whatever like the cheaper shops.

Sound deadening doors is 1 hour basic coverage, 2 hours for full inner and outer skin coverage.

Multiply those figures by your shop's hourly rate see how it compares.

Quite honestly I'd skip the coaxes and put in a component set up front, but again it depends on the vehicle. Average component sets will start in the $200-250 price range and cover the front stage, only requiring two amp channels. Better ones will jump up to $400-600 and up.

Oh my goodness! Thank you very much for your comment! With the information you gave me I did the calculations and the total install cost now should be 174 dollars. WAAAAAYYYYY cheaper.

Huh? You've got two pairs of speakers, a four channel amp, tweeters, and sound deadening…that's minimum 6 hours (by our system, not theirs)…what shop is charging less than $30 per hour?

We were $60 10 years ago...

Static drops are my bag.

not all shops charge that fee. amp kits and speaker already come with the misc stuff you might need. even speaker wire.. i have never been charged a misc fee by any shop mechanic or audio. i understand if you're not charging much

Your invoice shows 2 for the quantity of speakers. Are they sold individually, or are you getting two sets? If they are all going in the front doors, there is obvious labor to make them fit.

Shocked it took anyone all the way to the second page to notice that. So 2 sets of C2 coax and a set of tweeters (which I see OP says will be eliminated later) to fit in what vehicle? Has to be some custom labor involved.

I had been an audio installer for a high end shop for quite a few years and this is how we generally broke it down on basic installs:

Component sets are 3 hours (1 hour per component--woofer, tweeter, crossover). Some components go in faster, some take longer than you'd think. Usually evens out. Crossovers are always mounted, never zip tied under a dash or whatever like the cheaper shops.

Sound deadening doors is 1 hour basic coverage, 2 hours for full inner and outer skin coverage.

Quite honestly I'd skip the coaxes and put in a component set up front, but again it depends on the vehicle. Average component sets will start in the $200-250 price range and cover the front stage, only requiring two amp channels. Better ones will jump up to $400-600 and up.

Oh my goodness! Thank you very much for your comment! With the information you gave me I did the calculations and the total install cost now should be 174 dollars. WAAAAAYYYYY cheaper.

Huh? You've got two pairs of speakers, a four channel amp, tweeters, and sound deadening…that's minimum 6 hours (by our system, not theirs)…what shop is charging less than $30 per hour?

I got rid of amp, tweets, and sound deadening. I got rid of amp because my headunit will put out enough power, got ride of tweets cause i dont need em, and sound deadening cause i dont need it. The shop i go to charges 87 per hour. and your system lined up with theirs.

Currently whipping a O4' GMC Sierra 2500

Performance:

K&N Cold Air Intake

Hedman headers

3" True duels

Flowmaster Super 10's

Magnaflow High Flow Cats

G2 4:88 running gears

New cooling system

Superchips Flashpaq programmer

Eaton lockers

Audio: JL CP208W3V3

Kenwood X500-1

8 Gauge Memphis Power wire

Kenwood DDX8901HD

Exterior:

Fabtech 9.5" lift

38x13.5 Toyo Open Country M/T's

18x10 Fuel Mavericks (-44 offset)

Diamond plate bed gaurds

Diamond plate tool box

Recon Xenon Bulbs in Highs,Lows,& Fogs

Recon LED Tail lights

AMP Research Automated steps

Take the guys that work at the shop out for beers your price might change.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

not all shops charge that fee. amp kits and speaker already come with the misc stuff you might need. even speaker wire.. i have never been charged a misc fee by any shop mechanic or audio. i understand if you're not charging much

i believe in CA its not "legal" to charge for shop supplies.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

I would!....if i was of age....

Performance:

K&N Cold Air Intake

Hedman headers

3" True duels

Flowmaster Super 10's

Magnaflow High Flow Cats

New cooling system

Eaton lockers

Kenwood X500-1

Kenwood DDX8901HD

Exterior:

Fabtech 9.5" lift

Diamond plate bed gaurds

Diamond plate tool box

Recon LED Tail lights

I got rid of amp, tweets, and sound deadening. I got rid of amp because my headunit will put out enough power, got ride of tweets cause i dont need em, and sound deadening cause i dont need it. The shop i go to charges 87 per hour. and your system lined up with theirs.

Why did you get rid of the deadener? Improves sound and output tremendously.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

You don't have to drink just pick up the tab.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Why did you get rid of the deadener? Improves sound and output tremendously.

Be cause I don't have the coin. I will definitely get it, but for the time being. I'm worried about getting my base down. then adding upon it.

Performance:

K&N Cold Air Intake

Hedman headers

3" True duels

Flowmaster Super 10's

Magnaflow High Flow Cats

New cooling system

Eaton lockers

Kenwood X500-1

Kenwood DDX8901HD

Exterior:

Fabtech 9.5" lift

Diamond plate bed gaurds

Diamond plate tool box

Recon LED Tail lights

You don't have to drink just pick up the tab.

Well yeah that's true!

Performance:

K&N Cold Air Intake

Hedman headers

3" True duels

Flowmaster Super 10's

Magnaflow High Flow Cats

New cooling system

Eaton lockers