edgil1985 Posted January 15, 2015 Report Posted January 15, 2015 I'm planning on running an amp to my factory speakers using my factory headunit. I've read that there's not benefit to powering the rear deck speakers, so should I still do it? Also the amp is 60x4 at 4 ohms, is this gonna be good just to power the 4 speakers and make it worth the time? Also I have tweeters in the dash by the windshield, what's going to happen to them if I have the others powered by an amp?
islandpride684 Posted January 15, 2015 Report Posted January 15, 2015 I wouldn't add an amp to the factory speakers...at least upgrade your factory speakers first before you put an amp to them... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
White Lightning Posted January 15, 2015 Report Posted January 15, 2015 You check to see if your vehicle has a hidden separate amplifier somewhere ??? Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
mothra Posted January 15, 2015 Report Posted January 15, 2015 so what's the reason for keeping your factory headunit and factory speakers but installing an amp? if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
SIDE SHOW Posted January 16, 2015 Report Posted January 16, 2015 more pwr to the speakers usually will make them sound better..... I usually recommend doing the deck first, then an amp, then change out all the speakers and dead'n the doors ect
dolarbilz Posted January 16, 2015 Report Posted January 16, 2015 Yes still put rear speakers on amp.what vehicle do you have..dose it have a premium sound system of any sort
edgil1985 Posted January 18, 2015 Author Report Posted January 18, 2015 2010 civic sedan with standard 6 speaker audio, not premium as far as i know.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.