Perks of going to COLLEGE.

Tell him if he is late or doesn't make a payment he loses the car, make him sign a contract.

If you want him to learn he has to work for it make him work for it but with a compromise he has to pay for it if he's not going to school full time.

I'm sure your mother taught you not everything always goes your way.

Things is not all of us are cut out for college and not all the people go start college at a young age.

Also another thing to ponder is when you have to do something you don't want to do to you put 100% of your effort into it?

I think if you force him to go he's going to hate it, let him go in his own time or work his way to the top if that's what he wants.

As far as hard work go's if I had a cushy desk job with a fat paycheck I'd go insane, I'd rather make less and doing something I like and I like hard work.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I'm with you Deeznuts, it's his choice, You aren't making him do anything. He should be lucky just to have a choice/offer to begin with. A lot of parents don't help out at all or even offer.

Now that he knows the choice, let him decide. Worst case you can tell him and his mother later in life "I told ya so". Maybe he will be happy not going to college. I don't think you are being pushy.

In the future don't offer him anything and let him either fail or succeed then remind his mother that he did have options that were HIS choice. Lots of kids go to college and don't get shit from their parents so I don't see what the problem is here. hell he's already 20.

Seems like people want to argue with the way you do things. They won't be happy till you tell the kid to fuck off and just sell the car I guess because people are happy not going to college....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I just think if the kid is trying to work hard and pay his way why shouldn't he do so?

Not everyone wants to take the same path in life.

I don't just think he should hand it to him for nothing either but the value of hard work can be taught without someone forcing their child to do something they don't want to.

Karpov haven't I seen you say you're better off doing something you actually enjoy or you'll be miserable?

Does that not apply here?

We can't force our children to become who we think they should be we can only give them the tools necessary to get through life and hope they do well.

as far as needing college to ever have a chance of making good money well that's pure bullshit and everyone here knows it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Can we get back to the car though?

because I like your attention to detail and was looking forward to the build.

i like the cutlass better other then the lambo doors its a shame its no longer running....

i wish i would of went to college instead of not..... making 15 something with a mortgage sucks if it wasn't for the property tax and insurance it wouldn't be a problem working up to assistant manger though so we will see... might still go back for computer i.t or something similar at 38 lol

You are pushing him down a road that you think is straight now there is a turn. He is young you need to be the influence and support don't push young kids they hate being pushed. He is a young know it all adult coming out of teenhood. He will realize you are there to help and guide him in the right direction. At first thought this was a build log!!! Good Luck he needs to go to School!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Why the hell is everyone saying he is pushing him?

He has 2 options:

-Go to college and get the car

-Do whatever the hell he wants and not get a free car. (and work his way up and buy himself a car.)

That's like saying your boss is pushing you do to extra work, when in reality all he does is pay them for the extra work.

He still has plenty of choices.

I wish someone would give me a free car just for going to college.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

It took me 5 1/2 years after high school to actually decide to do some schooling. I'll be done end of next month and have been working part time for what I'm going to school for. He would have learned you need schooling at some point to make decent money to live on.

Anyways sweet build will be checking in often for progress.

Archived