Perks of going to COLLEGE.

Obviously I need to rebuild the box. I may want to rebuild it with MFD since I think this pine I am using, though lightweight, you can tell there is some resonance to it.

Also, can I build the port facing forward on an angle into the cabin instead of facing the back? Or upwards to hit the windshield. Like I said it sure more alot of air.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Frank

Thanks Ahmed.

Broke, more port area? I did measure the slot port for the American Bass enclosure I once had.

IIRC it measured something like 3" x 13". Researching I did find "Use 10-15 in2 for every cf used". So this is what you're talking about?

RF has a slot port design as well.

Now the only question I have is, will it change the sound and feel of the sub? I did notice the AB 12's played quite loudly, but did not hit the low notes that well,

though the notes were loud. They felt shallow and rather boomy?? And the cones were all over the place. Does that make sense? I guess I mean in terms of "compression"?, I think is what I'm trying to say.

I could be completely wrong in this thinking. The port I made can come out by just unscrewing the screws. I guess I can make another port, make the hole bigger and

try again since it's a proto box.

-Frank

The general consensus from the knowledgable people on here was that really a port can't be too big but it can be too small yours is definitely too small.

Like bighoss said at least double it maybe even more if you can make it work.

Port length would be the major limiting factor in how much port area you can actually use.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

How close is the top of that box to the glass in the rear with the hatch closed?

These guys are correct, you need about double the port area. You are really constrained with space. Have you considered adding birth control to the mix? (taking the rear seats out) :lol:

Which american bass subs did you have?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

I think its time for a wall frank

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Archived