http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/man-shopping-for-coffee-creamer-at-walmart-attacked-by-vigilante-for/2214432

Man shopping for coffee creamer at Walmart attacked by vigilante for carrying gun he was legally permitted to have

0435036936_14536571_8col.jpg

Michael Foster, 43, of Lithia, was arrested Tuesday and charged with battery

for tackling a Walmart patron he believed was up to something sinister because

he was carrying a gun. The patron, Clarence Daniels, 62, of Seffner, had a

concealed carry permit and was legally allowed to have the gun in public.[Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office]

BRANDON — Clarence Daniels had just crossed the threshold of Walmart's front doors on Tuesday, in search of coffee creamer for his wife, when the gun in hip holster gave a well-intentioned vigilante the idea he was up to something more sinister.

From the Walmart parking lot at 11110 Causeway Boulevard, Michael Foster, 43, of Lithia had watched Daniels, 62, take from his car the handgun — for which he holds a concealed carry permit — and place it on his hip underneath his coat, Hillsborough sheriff's deputies reported.

As Daniels entered the store, a label for the coffee creamer in his pocket in case he forgot the brand, Foster tackled him to the ground and placed him in a choke hold, sheriff's spokesman Larry McKinnon said.

"He's got a gun!" deputies said Foster shouted.

"I have a permit!" Daniels yelled back multiple times, McKinnon said.

The men struggled and were separated until law enforcement arrived on scene just before noon. Foster was arrested and charged with battery.

"Unfortunately he tackled a guy that was a law-abiding citizen," McKinnon said. "We understand it's alarming for people to see other people with guns, but Florida has a large population of concealed weapons permit holders."

The Sheriff's Office recommends that vigilante-inclined citizens refrain from taking matters into their own hands, especially when an incident is gun-related. Call 911 or alert security, McKinnon said, before taking any drastic measure.

"You better make sure there's a good reason," he added. "Otherwise you might be confronting a guy that is legally permitted to carry a gun."

People are stupid. Are you surprised?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Honestly it's the gun owners fault, if you are carrying concealed it should be just that concealed no one should be seeing you with it in your hand to holster it.

the gun owner should learn a huge lesson here because he put himself at a huge tactical disadvantage By doing so.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

People are stupid. Are you surprised?

I figured some tards would have this thought process, but it's still hard to believe when the short bus crews actually acts upon it.

Honestly it's the gun owners fault, if you are carrying concealed it should be just that concealed no one should be seeing you with it in your hand to holster it.

the gun owner should learn a huge lesson here because he put himself at a huge tactical disadvantage By doing so.

So... it's a 62 year old man's fault that some retard decided to take matters into his own hands and attack him rather than notify proper authorities of his concerns?

There's some discussion about how it was seen because depending on which of the articles you can find, it goes as far as this one implying that he was standing outside the vehicle reaching in to get it and put it on, or that as he was getting out his jacket flapped open or something briefly revealing it on accident.

I don't agree with that at all. There are many times my shirt rides up or I bend over to pick my kid up and it may show. It's no different than this guy saying he saw the guy holster. He's probabyl trying to cover his ass more than anything. He should have minded his own business and is lucky he didn't get ventulsted

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The guy that attacked him is still an idiot but to me the guy carrying made a mistake too.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

And mistakes are part of human nature, it's unfortunate and something that he should have been more aware of and careful of.

Still no excuse for what happened and what the younger guy did.

Supposedly, FL has something in their laws about aggression against senior citizens (60+)? that would mean a stiffer penalty against the aggressor.

At least the older guy isn't pulling the race card (at least not yet).

The guy that attacked him is still an idiot but to me the guy carrying made a mistake too.

LOL NO he didnt make any mistakes.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Archived