Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

American Bass?


jessdabest77

Recommended Posts

Posted

What makes you think a 2:1 ratio is what you want?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

4th order isn't too specific. Are you talking 4th order bass reflex or 4th order bandpass?

You know when 99% of people say 4th they mean a bandpass, most call a 4th order bass reflex a ported enclosure.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

^I was once one of those people!

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Posted

And so am I.Well,so far I'm thinking four of the American Bass TNT 15's,or four of the Soundquebed HDS2 15's.I ended up getting an SQ3500,and was going to get one more,then found out they aren't making them no more,so I'm stuck with a smaller build.

Posted

4th order isn't too specific. Are you talking 4th order bass reflex or 4th order bandpass?

You know when 99% of people say 4th they mean a bandpass, most call a 4th order bass reflex a ported enclosure.

I agree 100% with what you said, but you never know when you're dealing with a 1% er, especially when it's someone that seems newish.

Posted

I don't know the difference.I was going with a 2:1 ratio one,if that help's.

Don't worry a 2:1 works for almost everyone (or so they think).

Posted

Damn a sq3500 on HDS models seems like a lot of power for some not so power hungry sub's and then add another wtf?

Budget Banging On A Budget.....

99 Civic EX Coupe

XS Power/SkyHigh Powered

Build In The Making...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3001 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...