Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Burning DC Level 3


ben1994

Recommended Posts

Posted

yes it is a five channel amp. 60x4 and 1000x1. no I am not using bass boost. set everything flat when i set with dd-1 and have left the settings flat.

Posted

coil makes burning smell, lets put bigger amp on it problem fixed...

lulz wow

Was there no consideration to what impedence it will be wired to? I'm going to be wiring it at 4 ohm. Making dumb assumptions before asking the proper questions.... lulz wow

Posted

run some proper cd's and compare to the mp3's.... if you get a burning smell on both you have an issue elsewere

whats the LPF set at?

I was going to do that, just was going to get a consensus on whether people thought that dirty music could really cause that much damage. Lpf is set at 60.

Posted

Just regular stuff. Some tech n9ne, kid cudi, kendrick lamar. Nothing designated to be full of bass. I ran the same stuff with an re sex v2 12 with a pioneer d8 601 and it was fine. I doubt too small of power wire could be it either. I run knu konceptz ofc 4 gauge. Fused at 150.

aren't all these clipped music?

Posted

Just regular stuff. Some tech n9ne, kid cudi, kendrick lamar. Nothing designated to be full of bass. I ran the same stuff with an re sex v2 12 with a pioneer d8 601 and it was fine. I doubt too small of power wire could be it either. I run knu konceptz ofc 4 gauge. Fused at 150.

aren't all these clipped music?

how so? implying they record at 0db?

Posted

Could be the torented music too.. whats the bit rate of the songs.... i dont have any problems with my lvl3 havent pushed them past rms though (yet)...

320 kbps. So standard. Yea if this sub goes I am just thinking about reconing it and selling it/putting it away. Gonna get a level 4 and just keep the gain down a bit

Posted

When in doubt about clipped music, play it on windows media player with the scope and see if it is in indeed clipped.

Never play boosted songs by people you DO NOT trust 1000%, cause you'll smoke a sub in nothing flat if the song is clipped to death.

Windows media player with the scope is a very useful tool to use.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5311 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...