audiophile headunits???? where did they all go???

Nsomnia

I would also suggest electrical engineering books.

EE is basically acoustics. The doctor I will be doing research under in the summer has been trying to see if he can get any acoustical engineers here for me to work with or at the least something for me to play with, when I'm not being told by the graduate students what to go pick up from the storage room.

I think they have a lot in common but I would wouldn't say they are basically the same.

My experience with grad students was in a computer science lab...they're awful and 99% of them were entitled douchebags, have no idea why signing up for grad school turned normal human beings into egotistical messes.

yea phd students are even worse. no offense to anyone who has a phd, but most lack communication and interaction skills and drive me up a wall. at least the ones ive been in contact with.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

It just the people you guys have met, I know quite a few people with masters degrees and they are all very pleasant and humble people.

I'd say most of the douchebags I meet are low life worthless bums that have no ambition to do anything with their lives but want to act like they are better than everyone else.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

It just the people you guys have met, I know quite a few people with masters degrees and they are all very pleasant and humble people.

I'd say most of the douchebags I meet are low life worthless bums that have no ambition to do anything with their lives but want to act like they are better than everyone else.

eh I don't think they are actually bad people. The issue comes in when they think that you work for them. Its an entitlement complex that is specific to working in academics at a school. Least the ones I have been at.

I was generalizing though.

33 in a few months here,

Some days I want to listen to a song like money for nothing or riders on the storm and have it sound good.

Some days I want to have pendulum or skillex blaring and giving me a nice back massage..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

33 in a few months here,

Some days I want to listen to a song like money for nothing or riders on the storm and have it sound good.

Some days I want to have pendulum or skillex blaring and giving me a nice back massage..

...I was with you until skrillex. dude has no idea how to produce a track.

All that distortion is "on purpose".

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

33 in a few months here,

...I was with you until skrillex. dude has no idea how to produce a track.

lol ; )

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

so annoying when I see pics of 6 or 7 sq decks owned buy one guy and just has them sitting on a shelf collecting dust.... share the goodness lol

hate collectors...Everytime I see some gigantic wall collection of old school amps that some dbag put up there I get angry. Its like records, they're meant to be used.

Although then there are people like me...who have a bunch of stuff I have yet to install collecting dust..

Archived