Second Skin Audio

hds312's power handling

ditto_

Yes of souese i would pay 25$ for someone to dd-1 my sheeot. :) Dont think they got one at Best buy though and Im pretty sure they would want my arm or leg to help out.

There's a "SMD Tools Map" here on the site.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/

Use it to find a member close to you who might be willing to tune your amps for you.

1200 watts rms each. My amp will do about 2000 rms at its best. I cant even get half the gain before they stop getting louder. Haven't went past half cause I know im just clipping anyway. My head unit is on 25 and it goes to 35 so I still have room their also. I'm not positive but I dont think im even close to 2400 watts at half gain. I guess im going to have to get out the mutimeter and test just to get a ballpark on what im giveing them. On my JLwo setup I could get to half gain before they started to sound like crap. They are 150rms each. Same for my kickers. I figure im probably just getting about half the power the amp will give on my stock electrical. The amp is rated 2400 rms at 14 volts and a 250 amp draw.

Oh' and no stinky :) I haven't pushed them that hard. I figure if they aint getting any louder then stop turning the gain.

Pretty sure your going into clipping. That brz2400 is far from efficient, gonna need some type of electrical to use it. Do you have a volt meter? If your woofers couldnt take the power you will either smell it or hear it. To me it sounds like your amps power supply just cant give no more,same with my old brz's.

1200 watts rms each. My amp will do about 2000 rms at its best. I cant even get half the gain before they stop getting louder. Haven't went past half cause I know im just clipping anyway. My head unit is on 25 and it goes to 35 so I still have room their also. I'm not positive but I dont think im even close to 2400 watts at half gain. I guess im going to have to get out the mutimeter and test just to get a ballpark on what im giveing them. On my JLwo setup I could get to half gain before they started to sound like crap. They are 150rms each. Same for my kickers. I figure im probably just getting about half the power the amp will give on my stock electrical. The amp is rated 2400 rms at 14 volts and a 250 amp draw.

Oh' and no stinky :) I haven't pushed them that hard. I figure if they aint getting any louder then stop turning the gain.

Pretty sure your going into clipping. That brz2400 is far from efficient, gonna need some type of electrical to use it. Do you have a volt meter? If your woofers couldnt take the power you will either smell it or hear it. To me it sounds like your amps power supply just cant give no more,same with my old brz's.

I put the volt meter on yesterday. With a 30hz test tone and the gain at 1/4. Turned my deck up to the usual loudness. My volts dropped to 11.7

I then let it charge a bit and retested with gain at half. My volts dropped to 9.8. I also blew my interior light fuse cause i left my door open with a dome light on. :crazy:

So, I think my battery is getting old and my alternator just aint doing it anymore. Im sure on wheather alternators can get weaker or do they stay the same till they break completely.

Seems like mine is getting more weak. I contacted Mechman for a quote on a 320 amp but no word back yet. I got a feeling it will cost like 800$.

2.8 cubes per sub is little to big for the hds series. I would do 3.8-4 cubes net

I tried the subs in a 1.8 cf box sealed. Sounded good but low extension was too quiet. Then i tried a 2.0 single ported box (prefab).Sounded like a turd in a blender.

Then i built the box they are in now. I thought it would be a little big myself but turns out it isnt. I actually think it is recomended for up to 3 cubes. When i moddled the sub in winisd i couldnt get the curve i wanted without going this big. I tried all types of slotted port designs and the box actually called for more cubes to get where i wanted it. I was thinking know way I am putting this in a 3.0 cubic feet net box. :shok: They really sound good in the box. :hi: The low (25 - 38 hz) range makes my windows dance. The higher bss (38 - 60) will vibrate my eyeballs out.

Its all around the same loudness by my ear. I still cant believe the low bass is as loud as it is. :good:

Knowing myself, I will probably build another one or two boxes though. Im bad about changing things up every few months just to have something differnt even if its the same equipment. Thats the thing... I can never be satisfied....

Archived