Financial Mistake--Team Droppin' Hz--'10 Taurus Trunk Wall--Oval box COMPLETED--Video added (5/30/16)--DC Audio, PRV, Crescendo

XL will not like 3.5k 1:1

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 1 month later...

So a new update...

Just purchased a new RF 3sixty.3 from eBay for $375 shipped. Looking to replace the 80PRS because I absolutely hate the fact that it sits underneath my feet and it isn't really secured so when I am taking any corners the thing slides from side to side under the seat. Looking for any information on the install if anyone has any. Any help is appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

So I finally got the 3sixty installed in the car. All I have to say so far is, wow. What a difference from the 80PRS to the 3sixty. I don't even have the tweeters working currently and its so much clearer than before.

I'm going to have to rewire it once I get the chance. I'm currently tapped into the front doors and rear doors at the stock amplifier since the harness I got with the 3sixty only had 4 channels. I have a new harness on its way which will have all 8 channels which will allow me to tap into the stock tweeter channels, front and rear doors, and the sub channels at the stock amp giving me a lot more range. I believe this maybe why I'm getting no sound from my tweeters currently because the front and rear doors don't cover that high of frequency.

I also ordered a pair of 3.5" RF P132s today to replace the stock front and rear center channels. I will be able to run both speakers off the second set of outputs on my RF 300.4. Should help fill in some empty space in the back of the car.

So I finally got the 3sixty installed in the car. All I have to say so far is, wow. What a difference from the 80PRS to the 3sixty. I don't even have the tweeters working currently and its so much clearer than before.

I'm going to have to rewire it once I get the chance. I'm currently tapped into the front doors and rear doors at the stock amplifier since the harness I got with the 3sixty only had 4 channels. I have a new harness on its way which will have all 8 channels which will allow me to tap into the stock tweeter channels, front and rear doors, and the sub channels at the stock amp giving me a lot more range. I believe this maybe why I'm getting no sound from my tweeters currently because the front and rear doors don't cover that high of frequency.

I also ordered a pair of 3.5" RF P132s today to replace the stock front and rear center channels. I will be able to run both speakers off the second set of outputs on my RF 300.4. Should help fill in some empty space in the back of the car.

I would skip the sub channels out of the stock headunit, I've heard installers talking about ridiculous noise off of those. Alot of distortion for no good reason. I have tapped just the front doors and front tweeters going into my helix.

https://goo.gl/photos/7pVT3kFBnpB6R9br7

I have my stock headunit faded fully to the front

So I got the new harness with all 8 channels in today. I went ahead and redid the enitre harness instead of using the existing speaker wire I had on the old harness. Picked up 2 100ft rolls of Sky High 16ga and knocked out the harness tonight while I was at work. Soldered the connections from the harness the the speaker wire runs and heat shrinked over top of them. I'm going to try and get it in today, if not I will definitely get it in tomorrow. The new RF center channel speakers I ordered will be in today as well so I will have to make my runs from the 300.4 to the center channel locations tomorrow.

Also decided per jbeez warning to skip the stock subwoofer channels and I'm going to tap into the center channel channels instead seeing that I'm replacing the center channel speakers anyway.

Here's some pictures of the harness:

1210150439.jpg

1210150439a.jpg

1210150440.jpg

Archived