Possession, Personal Use; You Go To Jail. WHY?

• 2 months later...

I know this is old but I had a very similar situation pop up at my work. Bare with me here

My work likes to say they do random drug screenings but I am positive only a negative action would cause a "random" drug screening, at least that would make sense to me.

We had a meeting and the owner of the company was talking about how he was losing good people because they were smoking "doobies" and we needed to tell our buddies that if they are smoking to stop. Where it got interesting is what he said next and I quote "you can drink beer, whiskey all you want but the other stuff is still illegal here"

Immediately my mind went ballistic. So imagine if you will two people Person number 1 drinks on their days off, enough to get tipsy and have fun. Person 2 smokes weed, enough to get high and have fun. Come monday both people come to work on time, do their job properly and then go home. Then they come in the next day. Model employees. Until one day random drug screening time. Person 2 gets fired all because of their personal preference to get wasted and set their mind free. Seems fair right?

It just bothers me that what you do in the sanctity of your own home can be held against you even if it never meets public eye.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Your stuck in the mindset where you can't separate legality from morality.

As a company as long as they terminate on a legal basis then you have no recourse. From a moral standpoint it is jacked up that you are sometimes held accountable for things in your personal life at work. At least in your case you are talking about getting fired over illegal behavior. I'd seen people get fired over facebook posts, now how fucked up is that? Rhetorical question, doesn't matter how fucked up it is you know your employers rules, follow them or get a new job

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

I think a lot of it has to with whether or not you have a background. I have a weapons arrest and battery charge. Almost anytime I get caught with a little amount the police let me go. Most of them don't want to go through the paperwork for a minor offense when they know it won't bother me one bit. Also, I'll be with my homey and he has no background, at least in America (he's Australian) and the police kick back and joke with me and give him a hard time.

I worked for a company when I was 18 that the owner wanted to have everyone take a drug test, the district manager told him he'd have to fire 90% of his employees if he did so.

The test never happened.

The dumbest thing is it's marijuana they are testing for and that can stay in your system a while so why should someone be fired if they smoked some pot a month ago while not at work.

I say as long as you are doing your job and not showing up to work high out of your mind then who gives a shit what you do on your own time.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

They fire people for medical use that are legally allowed to do so to so its not just illegal use, just sayin.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Here its officers discretion they can just write you a ticket for it but if you are holding anything more than a 1/8 they say there is no way it's for personal use.

Lmfao right, anything more than a 1/8th. Me and a friend will smoke that in one sitting. There was a country that instead of jailing and imprisoning repeat possession offenders. Would put them into rehab instead. The place is amazing now and their drug problem plumeted. Also, privately owned prisons are the biggest money maker in the US right now. That's why they get jailed and imprisoned.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm