Second battery question?

This is all in a 1994 Honda Accord.Red top Optima upfront,one run of negative and positive 0 gauge wire from front battery to secondary battery in trunk,second battery is a XS Power D31,Hifonic's 1000 watt four channel amp,AQ2200 watt amp,and two twelve inch Sundown SA sub's. The problem,is with the car on,front battery read's 14.3 volt's,and XS Power battery read's 11.2 volt's. I have done the big three,sent the battery back to XS,and they said it's fine,and had my amp tested at Soundquebed,and amp is fine. My question is,why such of a big voltage difference. Please help,what to do.

What you should do is use that DMM that you're using to read voltage for the batt's, take it, set to read resistance, touch the leads together to see how much resistance they read first, then put one lead on the battery's negative terminal, put the other on your current ground, and that number needs to be as close to zero as you can get it (minus the .1 or whatever amount your test leads gave you.) That's continuity. That's how you find where you need to ground. If it's reading 1ohm or more, that's bad juju. Find a good ground.

Check the positive connection at the main battery, check voltage at the positive wire in the rear without it being connected to the rear battery and tell us what it reads...what is the resting voltage of the rear battery with nothing connected to it? My guess is you got a bad power wire....

Bad ground or like "Islandpride" mentioned, bad connection with a power wire.

You sent the battery back to XS and they said it was fine so check ALL connections and wires, make sure everything is tight and grounds are connected to bare metal.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Archived