Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

JL Audio 1000/1 v1 amp melting wires problem


Flip_one

Recommended Posts

Posted

Get rid of that 300 amp fuse too and get one much smaller, I'd start with a 100 amp.

Each wire should have its own fuse as well not a shared fuse.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

61B68BCE-5462-4593-9862-62A18F5DB0FF.jpg

What is that extra ground wire connected at the amp for? That little wire melted the tape. There really is no reason for 0g wire in that amp, save your self some trouble and get some 4g wire and use it. Especially that close to the battery which is connected to the front battery with 0g. Like someone else said as well, get a separate fuse for each wire.

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Posted

Also you really should run a turn on relay for those remote wires

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

I've had 4ga wire from the second battery to the amp before but it was worse, at first the power 4ga wire will burn up so I took it out and put 0ga then the ground 4ga burned up so I also put 0ga... With the 0ga power and ground wires works just fine for about 2 months then when I turn it up loud thats when the 0ga ground starts to melt. Other than that the amp works perfect.

Posted

Also, i use to have a 150a fuse and it would blow it, even a 200a fuse will blow too, the guy at the shop told me that JL amps pull way too much power thats why I had to put a 300a fuse

Posted

That guy is an idiot, there is something wrong with the amp or the install.

I'd suggest finding a new shop that actually knows what they are doing.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

That guy is an idiot, there is something wrong with the amp or the install.

I'd suggest finding a new shop that actually knows what they are doing.

Agree, I'm thinking there is more chance that there is something wrong in the install then the amp.

You are shorting out somewhere after the fuse.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Posted

Looks like the short is in that small wire cutting through into the zero, scary stuff man..

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3293 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...