AR-15: Piece Together or Buy Complete? Fair Prices?

Are you planning to shoot 3gun style matches with it. If not there is no need for a lightweight carrier. Not to mention the lightweight carriers typically have a short life span. It's still a carpenter 158 mpi bolt too. A.l it's doing is less weight but then you have to tune your gas so an adjustable gas block and then tune your buffer so then you have to start screwing with buffer weights or run a jp silent capture. Here really is no place for titanium in the ar market especially on those pieces. Castle nut doesn't provide a thing but a way to lock the buffer tube. Safety is nothing. If you're trying for a shorter throw or faster throw get the 45 degree selector. Let me know how often you use a forward assist. If you want that color just get them TiN coated and save yourself a ton of money

If you really want to build one the amount of choices are overwhelmeing and can be catered to what you want. I've got three completes in 5.56 and two stripped lowers to go yet as well as an ar10. I've spent a lot of time picking parts and what not out.

Not worried about weight. If I can build something similar to my old issued piece, I'd be happy. Would likely go with better optics of course, but this is just something to go shooting up in the hills with. Reliability is most important for this first one. I can get fancy later on.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

yes planning on some type of competitive shooting yes I know the deals with the ti parts im figuring this is gonna be a hard build but im looking to do something

I haven't done before, ill have a lot of tuning ,testing , to do with it ,but yes on gas piston ,gonna have to see how buffer reacts

but this will be a build ill prob show on here itll be a pretty shiny AR not the common evil black ones we all see

didnt want to let the cat out the bag until I had the parts in hand but your one person ill be talkin to when the parts get here ...

SMD makes the best products! I bought them all! Click the banner below!

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

yes planning on some type of competitive shooting yes I know the deals with the ti parts im figuring this is gonna be a hard build but im looking to do something

I haven't done before, ill have a lot of tuning ,testing , to do with it ,but yes on gas piston ,gonna have to see how buffer reacts

but this will be a build ill prob show on here itll be a pretty shiny AR not the common evil black ones we all see

didnt want to let the cat out the bag until I had the parts in hand but your one person ill be talkin to when the parts get here ...

I can't get over the price of that carrier. Lol that's the cost of two JP lightweight carriers

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I used red barn armory for my ar pistol/sbr they have a build an upper kit that I used and threw on an alg free float rail. All told I have about 600 into it not counting the optic. It's probably the funnest ar I own to shoot though.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Nate is that a typo just tried to google red bam amory but it doesn't exists

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Nate is that a typo just tried to google red bam amory but it doesn't exists

Your eyes tricked you it is red baRn.

http://www.redbarnarmory.com/

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yes it's red b a r n

Another item of note. If you don't have the proper tools assembling an upper can be a pain in the ass

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived