Sonic Electronix

warranty slow turn around time!

So 150 watts x2 at 2 ohm?

With my math I get about a 40w difference which is definitely big when we are talking about 150 watts.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

What about when you told me they refused to do any warranty work because you modified the amp?

I guarantee that Rockford didn't touch that amp because you bought it from an unauthorized dealer.

Call them give them the serial # and find out for yourself.

I only painted the Rockford logo and doing that did and can't hurt the amps working...I had to contact the better business bureau . sonicelectronix warranty does not specific cosmetic changes to void warranty.. They pick and choose words to void warranty.. They told me and the BBB that it would be sent to Rockford for repair.

So 150 watts x2 at 2 ohm?

With my math I get about a 40w difference which is definitely big when we are talking about 150 watts.

its a huge difference in sound more then I should have to set my balance for. I honestly dont believe the amp was ever sent to Rockford. Edited by tbeats

Guys, is this how we handle problems now? Let me sum it up:

OP - posts a threat venting that he feels Sonic has slow turn around time on his warranty issue yet admits Sonic is responding to his emails in regards

US - let's all chime in and tell him why the manufacturer of his amp sucks

Really?

Come on guys. At SMD, we're better than that. Threads like this give those that respond to them in this fashion a bad name, not Sonic and not Rockford. Sonic is not a service center, therefore it must return products to the manufacturer for servicing. This can take a little time and I don't see anything in regards here that would lead me to believe that they took an unreasonable amount of time to return the amp for service, have the service work performed, receive it back, and then ship it back to the OP.

In the future, I'd recommend that we allow Sonic the time to respond to the thread before dog piling on them or the manufacturer of the product in question. Sonic kept in communication with the OP regardless of whether or not he liked the answers.

OP - if you believe the amplifier is still not working properly, then I recommend that you have it bench tested to ensure that. Testing an amplifier in your vehicle presents too many variables - a test bench removes them. If a bench test shows that the amplifier is problematic, then I'm sure Sonic will work with you to resolve the issue.

And remember, you'll catch more flies with honey than with a flyswatter.

• Like (+1 Rep) 4

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

• 3 weeks later...

The amount of ignorance in this thread is amazing!

Funny that people choose to blast a company in an open forum (that the company pays to be a part of), and then question why they didn't get the outcome they wanted. Does anyone really think that bringing up crap in a forum is going to get you anywhere with a dealer or manufacture?

Customer sent in product for warranty. Company stayed in contact with customer. Then why did this thread even need to be posted? It didn't.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Dont think anyone is blasting RF or Sonic, except for the guy who started this thread.

Look at post #17

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Just seems like another person talking out of his ass like the op...

That is a guy that claims a lot but still makes threads on what woofers to use, and how to fiberglass... After all he has worked at a shop so its not installer error and they are the first ones with L7 15s..

I guess if you actually believed what some random person is saying than yay for you.

I figured its easy to see through what he says, along with the guy claiming his amp has 1 channel doing damn near double the power as the other channel.

I mean if the amp was truly doing crazy power like that, and it was sent out to Sonic Electronix, all they would have to do is put it on the SMD AmpDyno, and see for themselves, and if the amp is fine send it back to the sender saying its fine, which Im assuming they did because he said he got his same amp back.