Fuse Holders

I hold it down pretty tight when I push it in, and I always push real hard when Im screwing.

giggity.

Do you smack it around a little first?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I hold it down pretty tight when I push it in, and I always push real hard when Im screwing.

giggity.

Do you smack it around a little first?

I like to lube it up with some dielectric grease and play/sing songs to it after Im done.

Im the "i dont fuse every run" guy..

but if any of those run the length of the ride...... Your fucking nuts. Just me.

Also, ive seen 2 of the SS type melt the covers also.... All i run is the SS type, and i may change.......

Still seeing what works best.. FOR ME.... all anyone can do.

That is what I think too.

I dont fuse my amp runs, well the ones that are 1ft from the battery bank, but all 20ft'ers have fuses on both sides.

People think shit like #nofuses is funny or makes you a badass but the reality of it is the 1/100,000 chance something fucks up, you WILL want that fuse.

Rather spend 10 bucks no a fuse and a holder than loose thousands in equipment.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Set screws on amps are just cheaper to use than the older flat tabs that used terminals.

Set screws will always loosen over time due to the rocking of the engine, regardless of how well you tighten them, it is a risk i will not have on my vehicles.

Terminals that are crimped are the safest and most solid form of connection made. PERIOD!!!!!

Unfortunately soldered connections can fail due to poor soldering jobs or connections that have loosened up. I will not trust my life to something that has the potential to cause my vehicle to go up in flames, and i have used the SS fuse holders that loosened and melted over the course of 2 years to the point it was dangerously close to causing a fire. Never again.

EDIT: If set screws were so safe to use, then why do electric cars use crimped connections?

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Set screws on amps are just cheaper to use than the older flat tabs that used terminals.

Set screws will always loosen over time due to the rocking of the engine, regardless of how well you tighten them, it is a risk i will not have on my vehicles.

Terminals that are crimped are the safest and most solid form of connection made. PERIOD!!!!!

Unfortunately soldered connections can fail due to poor soldering jobs or connections that have loosened up. I will not trust my life to something that has the potential to cause my vehicle to go up in flames, and i have used the SS fuse holders that loosened and melted over the course of 2 years to the point it was dangerously close to causing a fire. Never again.

EDIT: If set screws were so safe to use, then why do electric cars use crimped connections?

So many good points in this post. If it could show I like it more than once then I would do so!

After reading all of this.. I have to say I have never seen, heard of or ever experienced a setscrew "pushing the wire out". if its pushing the wire out when you tighten it, you don't have enough wire exposed. When I remove wire from a set screw theres is a large crushed spot in the middle of the wire with at least 1/4" of copper wire left on the end. there is no damn way that its coming out by tightening it. not even possible. IMO user error for that particular issue.

That's not true. You wasn't around when I installed my shit so to assume you know what happened is dumb. I've had it where too much wire was exposed and a little wire was exposed. I had this happen to me earlier today on a distrobution block I have for my grounds. Guess what, I cut some of the exposed wire and left the sheeting alone and got a better grip. So far it's really tight and hard to pull it out. Nice write up though.

That's not true. You wasn't around when I installed my shit so to assume you know what happened is dumb. I've had it where too much wire was exposed and a little wire was exposed. I had this happen to me earlier today on a distrobution block I have for my grounds. Guess what, I cut some of the exposed wire and left the sheeting alone and got a better grip. So far it's really tight and hard to pull it out. Nice write up though.

I never said "I knew what happened" re-read that. I said IMO. I'VE never heard or seen it happen. Not saying your lying, I just can't understand the logic of how its happening. No need to get all bent out of shape about it.

I never said "I knew what happened" re-read that. I said IMO. I'VE never heard or seen it happen. Not saying your lying, I just can't understand the logic of how its happening. No need to get all bent out of shape about it.

So how would you know it's user error if you don't know all the particulars?

So how would you know it's user error if you don't know all the particulars?

Well. Let me see. You obviously had no success the first time and you finally got it to work. Looks like user error to me.

Archived