agm battery chargers

I recently bought a Northstar by ctek one and love it not only for its charge modes. It also has a desulphication mode which can bring a battery back to life if not in optimal working condition. I used it on a old marine that wasn't doing so hot and it brought the resting voltage and everything by a good amount and works much better.

Nothing really specially about it, its just a rebadged 7002, and offers no differences, can usually find the 7002 a bit cheaper, unless the northstar one is being sold under MAP...

Noco Genius and the new XS Power chargers also offer the recondition mode, as well as many other chargers.

Exactly what he said.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

cheapest i could find suggested here is http://www.ebay.com/itm/Griots-Garage-Battery-Manager-IV-6V-12V-Car-Motorcycle-Battery-Charger-/321716239540?hash=item4ae7c83cb4&item=321716239540&vxp=mtr and the cheapest i could find to buy straight out new is http://www.ebay.com/itm/CTEK-XC-800-XC800-6V-Charger-Unit-Oldtimer-Batteries-Lead-Gel-AGM-New-n-XC0-8-/231366248495?hash=item35de80c82f&vxp=mtr#shpCntId

so as long as it has an agm setting it cant be overcharged? that only refers to chargers without agm settings?

Correct, you want a charger with an agm setting.

However the 3.5 amp chargers will take forever to charge a d3100, let alone a d3100 and a d3400, thats 175ah of battery to charge, and chargers rated for 100ah or less will take a decent bit of time.

I recently bought a Northstar by ctek one and love it not only for its charge modes. It also has a desulphication mode which can bring a battery back to life if not in optimal working condition. I used it on a old marine that wasn't doing so hot and it brought the resting voltage and everything by a good amount and works much better.

Nothing really specially about it, its just a rebadged 7002, and offers no differences, can usually find the 7002 a bit cheaper, unless the northstar one is being sold under MAP...

Noco Genius and the new XS Power chargers also offer the recondition mode, as well as many other chargers.

I wasn't meaning to say it's special for that function. I was just saying how it's a nice function over some other chargers that are comparable and didn't name anyone specifically whom doesn't do that on their chargers.

Your best bet is something in the 10amp range or around 200ah

what charger would that be?

Archived