Sundown Audio

Rf Consumer Challenge

pauleqer

Go here:

http://www.sundownaudio.com/aboutus.html

It states that they are a fairly new company.

They haven't been around for 30 years.

I have been reading about them and from what I've read I'm going to give them a try.

It seems like they put out high quality and good watt per dollar.

Well put.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

How about put the Kole Audio KX1-2000D up against a RF T1000. The Kole is rated to do more power so thats a pretty fair test? And they look alike... :rolleyes:

If you're gonna test amps head to head you should test them based on what they actually put out and not based on the label. The test between the Sundown and RF showed two amps with similar power which puts them on the same level. You can't say a test isn't fair if they have the same ACTUAL specs.

Another thing, how many people buy an amp based off of specs and not actual power? If thats the case, shouldn't there be more of the Koles out there?

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif

They are both great amps.

Okay lets use our brains here....

Sundown has been out how long? Is Sundown a major brand that is sold almost everywhere? Rockford has been out how long? Is Rockford a major brand that is sold almost anywhere?

Answer those questions in and then lemme know why.

this is what i was getting at. RF is more commercially advertised like JL and kicker. better or worse? who cares. why it always gotta be about RF and sundown? who cares really? why not compare ANY other amp to RF or ANY other amp to sundown and have a big ol thread-cage-match about it? just a test done to two amps that were on hand. no need to get anyones panties in a bunch. as long as the product is good, and they put out their power, then i say they both can be in the 'thumbs up' category where everyone lives in harmony :)

In the last three years i have seen

One car with sundown amps / equipment

MANY MANY cars have RF amps and subwoofers at the shows

The shows speak for themselves. If sundowns are so great, why is nobody running them at the shows?

Nobody at West Coast World finals ran them at all.

Thats easier to answer than you think.

Look at my dealers page, how many do you see on the west coast? I am located on the east coast, thus limited my west coast presence.

As far as time frame - Sundown wasn't yet in business three years ago :) Still very new!

As for not seeing them at shows - Team Sundown IS making a pretty big showing in MECA this season. Not too bad since this season is the first season that I have had many Team guys in MECA at all.

Overall Points Standings for Team Sundown in MECA:

AS1 - 2nd place

AS2 - 2nd place

AS3 - 1st place and 2nd place

DB1 - 3rd place

DB2 - N/A

DB3 - 2nd place and 5th place

DB4 - 2nd place and 5th place

DB5 - 2nd place

Modex 1 - 5th place

Modex 2 - N/A

Modex 3 - 5th place

Mod 1 - N/A

Mod 2 - 2nd place

Mod 3 - 5th place

Mod 4 - 1st place

Mod 5 - N/A

Rad X1 - 2nd place

Rad X2 - N/A

Street 1 - 4th place and 12th place

Street 2 - 4th place

Street 3 - N/A

Street 4 - N/A

Street 5 - N/A

I don't see Kid's MECA on the site... but little Robbie Wyatt did over 142 dB with his Powerwheels and one SAZ-1500D :) Believe that is the record.

N/A means nobody from Team Sundown runs this class.

Some of the guys are in other team AND Team Sundown if you go to look @ the results yourself (some list both, some list only their primary Team).

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

How about put the Kole Audio KX1-2000D up against a RF T1000. The Kole is rated to do more power so thats a pretty fair test? And they look alike... :rolleyes:

They totally ripped the look without getting any of the benefits of the way RF cools their amps with their heatsink *laughs*

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

how bout this, someday soon, ill get myself a sundown 1500 and ill put it against an older rf bd1500.1...... ill give you my RF fanboy results vs your guys sundown fanboy results LOL

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

I run Fosgate amps too!

I just got real interested in Sundown.

I would like to see that test Steve.

I think the SAZ-1500 against the RF T1500-1 would be alot more fair of a test.

And 3000 vs 3000 too.

No matter which one performs better I'll still love by RF 1501BDs more than anything.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

how bout this, someday soon, ill get myself a sundown 1500 and ill put it against an older rf bd1500.1...... ill give you my RF fanboy results vs your guys sundown fanboy results LOL

I have one of those 1501-BD amps in for repair at the moment - if I'm not mistaken it's designed for 2 ohms. An A-B comparison may prove difficult.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

I have one of those 1501-BD amps in for repair at the moment - if I'm not mistaken it's designed for 2 ohms. An A-B comparison may prove difficult.

They are only 2 ohm stable only between 2001 to 2003.

The 2007-2008 RF T1500.1BD is a 1500 watt 1 ohm stable amp.

Thats why it would be a fair comparison.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

That should settle up alot of shit 2 amps rated at the same power and the same sub

Archived