Sundown Audio

best 5 channel amp with about 1000rms power total.

Andrew Storlie

on monday (currently friday as of this post) i plan to order a Alpine PDX-V9 5ch amp. its gonna cost me a good penny and then probably my arm too.

i was wondering if anyone knows about any other 5ch amps that are as small or close to as small as the alpine amp 10.5"W x 7"D x 2"T tiny for a amp that usually is factory rated for close to 1100rms.

also wondering about amps that have built in power management like the pdx amps, so if it over heats, instead of shutting off. it instead decreases its own power until temps go down then turns the power back up so that there is NO loss in music.

i will be using this amp to power 2 sets of alpine SPR-60C speakers (type r comps with 110rms per speaker rating 4ohms) and a single dayton ultimax UM12 dual 2 ohm sub 600rms rated

im going for SQL over SPL...

Thats a solid choice i dont think much compares to that amp. I have personal experience with 2 sets of type r componets & 1 12" type r. Gets loud and sounds super clean

yea ive been thinking it is... cheapest i can find it is $426.64 from coast2coast audio... problem is crutchfield is the only online site that is an authorized alpine dealer and they want 700 for the amp. 700 is alot for 1000rms roughly

well cost isnt too much an issue, i just want to save what i can... no use in spending money i dont need to, and i really want to use a single 5ch amp so i can just have 1 run of power wire with no distribution blocks and all that. and being able to fit under a single seat.

my whole system is being planned for ease of install and use of the system, like the terminal for the sub box is going to be a 2 pole plug in stead of normal screw down or push teminals so if i need to take the box out, i just pull on 1 plug and thats in, no needing to tape up loose wires or anything.

Memphis audio big Belle you can get them used for around $300-$400, one of the best 5 channels ever made.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Memphis audio big Belle you can get them used for around $300-$400, one of the best 5 channels ever made.

does look like a good amp but at 25" long it aint fitting under my front seat, and i'm looking for new with a warranty.

those zapco amps are really nice, but it looks like the tuning on them is very limited. like the 500w and 1000w amps have ZERO tuning control. cross is set at 80hz and subsonic is set at 30hz, and 30hz is way to high considering my box is being tuned at 25hz.

Archived