Second Skin Audio

Enclosure as a seat

I'd do a layer of a more rigid foam for the bottom layer so there is some support still.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Could be interesting if i could pull it off.

So here's what I came up with. This is just rough rough rough. Nothing designed, nothing in stone.

4 DC Audio M38's. Require approx .75 ported and .35 sealed.

4 x .75 = 3.0 cu ft ported +.4 (sub displ.) = 3.4 cu ft ported

4 x .35 = 1.4 cu ft sealed

My seat dimensions are as follows:

56" wide

22" deep

10" tall (front is 11" and rear is 9")

If I went single baffles it'd look like this:

2:1 Ratio

Sealed: 54.5" wide x 5.25" deep x 8.5" tall = 1.41 cu ft sealed.

Ported: 54.5" wide x 14.5" deep x 8.5" tall = 3.88 cu ft - .4 (sub displ.) = 3.48 cu ft ported.

Using a precision port, I used the calculator on their site. I'd be looking at a 6" port about 7.75" long for a tuning of approx 42hz

Also this is with a double sub baffle.

As a design idea I'm thinking sealed up front, with a plexi glass front wall. Sub cones facing forward. Ported in the rear (obviously) and then the port in the center going through the sealed section. Obviously I'll have to account for that in the sealed section, but I think I can do that. I can also do the floor of it in fiberglass to gain some of the width of the 3/4" material back. I could also gain by using a single baffle but I don't know if it'll gain me much, because then I go from zero sub displacement in the sealed area to having to account for the 4 of them.

So it could maybe happen. It's certainly a thought now. I hadn't done much thinking about it before.

As far as the seat goes, my thought was do it like a boat seat is done. Take and make a wooden panel for it the size of the enclosure. Glue some foam to the top of it. Then have it covered. I would have to decide how to attach it but I could probably do it through the enclosure. Do the enclosure cover in the same color or a contrasting one.

Now my mind is going nuts!

Would you wrap the seat and enclosure all in one? I dont know if it would be too flashy for the build goals or what but with the plexi there is always the option of LED's. This looks like its going to be an awesome build.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

I thought about this idea as well before my build but I didn't want to get THAT involved and deep into it. I also wanted the option to put everything back to stock in a few years when I trade up for a new truck. I ended up fiber glassing the floor shape and down firing the subs.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/139276-jared420s-2012-silverado-ext-cab-video-page-4/page-5?hl=%2B2012+%2Bsilverado+%2Bbuild#entry2128230

That's my build but I'm very interested to see if you go for it what you come up with. Good luck man

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

i had seen someone asking about a similar idea on FB a while ago and thankfully i saw something i thought was so awesome i screenshotted it....

Screenshot_2014-12-22-09-43-57_zpsl73mke

Not exactly what you were thinking but its a seat and a box haha. The guy who built it said that he actually was able to still get the truck inspected and pass with the box/seat still in, used the original bolts and seat belt i guess. I thought it was pretty fucking awesome

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Archived