hdorre Posted May 18, 2015 Report Posted May 18, 2015 What size die would work best for 2/0 wire. I need to crimp 4awg and 2/0. I saw that 25mm^2 dies are good for 4 awg... but am a bit lost on 2/0. I have to crimp (6) lugs onto 4awg and (4) onto 2/0... would a 10 ton crimper suffice? Thanks in advance On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
CJ18 Posted May 18, 2015 Report Posted May 18, 2015 How about one that does it all. http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/4-0-awg-wire-crimper-sky-high-car-audio/
Lbox88 Posted May 18, 2015 Report Posted May 18, 2015 The 8 ton and 10 ton ones would work, 16 ton will just be a little easier and don't cost all that much more, will have to let someone else chime in on the dies. UBL | Build Log
thefourth Posted May 18, 2015 Report Posted May 18, 2015 The 8 ton and 10 ton ones would work, 16 ton will just be a little easier and don't cost all that much more, will have to let someone else chime in on the dies. I have a 10 ton, works fine. Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
Karkov Posted May 22, 2015 Report Posted May 22, 2015 I have a 16 ton and the smallest dies do SHCA 8 awg. and I do SHCA 2/0 (4/0 wire weld) without using the biggest ones so it covers all my needs. I will check later tonight when I get home from work of which dies do what. I kind of wish my die for 8 awg were just a tad smaller though, and all the dies greater than SHCA 2/0 are kinda a waste since I don't use them, but it's nice to have them for everything in between those, covers all my bases which is all I need. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
hdorre Posted May 22, 2015 Author Report Posted May 22, 2015 These responses are much appreciated guys On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
boometro Posted May 22, 2015 Report Posted May 22, 2015 How about one that does it all. http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/4-0-awg-wire-crimper-sky-high-car-audio/ what makes this one so bad ass or worth the $125?
OldsBoomer Posted May 22, 2015 Report Posted May 22, 2015 How about one that does it all. http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/4-0-awg-wire-crimper-sky-high-car-audio/ what makes this one so bad ass or worth the $125? its not. I have the habor frieght one. 8 ton i believe and i can crimp anything that i could ever need Suburban Coming Soon
Karkov Posted May 23, 2015 Report Posted May 23, 2015 Ok, I use the #16 die for 8 awg OFC SHCA and I wish the die was a tiny bit smaller. #70 fits 1/0 OFC SHCA great, and for SHCA 2/0 OFC the #120 die will crush it but is a tiny bit big for my taste so i sometimes go to the #95 die. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
SnowDrifter Posted May 23, 2015 Report Posted May 23, 2015 How about one that does it all. http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/4-0-awg-wire-crimper-sky-high-car-audio/ what makes this one so bad ass or worth the $125? its not. I have the habor frieght one. 8 ton i believe and i can crimp anything that i could ever need Cody don't read this the wrong way, not trying to put down you, your products, or your business But IMO the only way to crimp is with a hydraulic crimper. An indent tool as posted above might hold the wire in place, but it's not a single gas-tight piece as you would get with a good hydraulic unit and hexagonal dies. Hunter: Do you have a crimper yet? If not here's the one I use http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Hydraulic-Crimping-Tool-Kit-16-Ton-Wire-Cable-Crimper-/330554371671 ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.