Second Skin Audio

4 12" p2 sealed or 2 15"p3 ported

I can tell you're really going to last long here.

It was your first post so I was just giving you a heads up no reason to be an asshole about it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

so they are all assholes and we are all assholes and the only thing we have in common is dealing with you.

That leads me to believe that you are the issue not the people you deal with.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Based on what you listen to I say the 2 15's ported.

And your question of which is louder doesn't have a definitive answer. Your vehicle a box are a huge factor.

Thanks for your response smoove, yea I guess I'd have to factor in the box, my space is 45,20+,20+, would have to be built, I'd prob save money just purchasing a preloaded p3 12 box, my plan was to sell the 4 p2d2's with box, and try to keep costs about the same.hmm..

why talk shit about the op when you could just answer his question. seems that only 2 in this thread answered his question. rather than spewing your opinion on the rules just answer his question with your opinion or move on. its really simple. if you just answer his opinionated question and the thread will die. funny how the older members with 500+ posts try to act like the forum police. it takes just as much time for one to talk shit about another ones question.

Don't really care if I "last long" on here,lol I actually HAVE A LIFE! lol unlike some people that troll forums, reason why I came online was for lil advice-opinion, local shops are kind of annoying alot of smart ass overweight guys in junk cars worth less then all the audio crap in their pos, but I guess those same losers are online also.lol

dont worry bro. they will delete your post soon anyway. i hope you got your question answered. good luck in your upgrade....

why talk shit about the op when you could just answer his question. seems that only 2 in this thread answered his question. rather than spewing your opinion on the rules just answer his question with your opinion or move on. its really simple. if you just answer his opinionated question and the thread will die. funny how the older members with 500+ posts try to act like the forum police. it takes just as much time for one to talk shit about another ones question.

Because it doesn't matter, this topic will be closed once a Mod gets to it. The fact is, the rules are the rules, and he obviously didn't read them when he signed up. So whether or not anyone replied to his questions or not, it will all be deleted soon anyways. The main reason, no one, and I mean no one. Can tell you how 4 12's sealed will sound compared 2 15's ported on X power, in X car, with X deadining. Also at X tuning on the ported, and the sealed have and f3 of X, also, the coils may be different from Prime to Punch so they will both respond differently with impedance rise in identical boxes. Also, each car and setup can have different power restraints or bonus', again, all effecting how everything will sound. That is why. Shall I go on further?

Thanks for your response smoove, yea I guess I'd have to factor in the box, my space is 45,20+,20+, would have to be built, I'd prob save money just purchasing a preloaded p3 12 box, my plan was to sell the 4 p2d2's with box, and try to keep costs about the same.hmm..

Buying a prefab will net you jack. Prefabs suck nuts. I took 2 old school JBL's out of a shitty sealed prefab and built a custom box for it. Threw 50 watts to each and started flexing my steering wheel.

Edit: For the most part also, a prefab will cost you anywhere from 30-60. Probably more depending on size. A sheet of wood is 30-40. Box of screws is 6, bottle of glue is 5, and tube of silicon is another 5. Find someone with a drill, saw and a caulk gun and your set. Just saved yourself $5, built yourself a custom box designed for your specific driver and vehicle, and got some hands on experience to move out of the noob audio world.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

hey, he was asking for opinions so just give your opinion and thats it. if it gets deleted then the mods are doing their job. it is simple. the forums are to help others not be complete dicks to them.

Not one person was a dick in this thread other than the OP by saying fuck the rules. Everyone stated an opinion, as well as stated a fact of the forums rules. I am done trying to explain this, I and am sure others have reported this topic already so it will be deleted.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm