Second Skin Audio

Subs are louder with trunk open ?

No matter what, you're never gonna stop all the rattles. We do our best to tame them and reduce them.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Is your trunk sealed off?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Everything is a tradeoff. If you can't hear the trunk rattles inside the car, who cares if the trunk rattles? I'd rather have it loud inside the car and have the outside sound like it's falling apart than have no rattles and it less loud inside the car.

But yeah, deadener and foam to stop rattles.

This statement is only true til you get it and hear all the noises that come from your vehicle and get embarrassed. Bass rattles in traffic are like the fat guy farting in public. You already stand out then you go and do something like that

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Everything is a tradeoff. If you can't hear the trunk rattles inside the car, who cares if the trunk rattles? I'd rather have it loud inside the car and have the outside sound like it's falling apart than have no rattles and it less loud inside the car.

But yeah, deadener and foam to stop rattles.

This statement is only true til you get it and hear all the noises that come from your vehicle and get embarrassed. Bass rattles in traffic are like the fat guy darting in public. You already stand out then you go and do something like that

All the systems I've installed I've never in my life used sound deadener. I don't care what other people think about my vehicle, or what it sounds like outside my car. I'm about me, and inside my car.

I've always driven rusted out hoopties though, lol!

I definitely understand the desire not to have ones vehicle sound like it's rattling apart, it just never mattered to me.

THere are many who think like that. Nothing wrong with it

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Hey guys I have 2 soundqubed hds312s in a ported box firing into the car and it's loud with the trunk closed but when I open my trunk it's way louder why would it be louder with the trunk open vs closed ?

If you are not sealed off fire everything back.

So fire the subs into the trunk or I need to seal it off completely and fire them into the car will doing that make it louder though ? I think I may just turn the subs around and call it good if it rattles I guess it rattles I mean it rattles even with the subs facing into the car just not nearly as bad as facing back into the trunk. When I open the trunk it sounds amazing I wish I could get it to sound like that facing in with the trunk closed.

If you seal off the trunk with the subs firing into the cabin. The trunk will not rattle at all. Not one bit.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm