Tuba HT Subwoofer Build

Here I am sitting here twitching for a video

Soon, I still have some work to do and need to get some more gasket tape before I start putting the watts to it.

At least its starting to look a little more complete. I trimmed up all the edges:

kadz1K1.jpg

Here it is with the access cover temporarily in place:

sGoNEM5.jpg

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Pl also goes brittle and starts falling apart after a couple years.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Well I got this thing finished up today. Here are a few more pics:

Kuc8oax.jpg

4kXOyeE.jpg

mTZF0fA.jpg

I'm working on uploading a video. I'll post the link as soon as it gets done uploading.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

So here is the video, let me warn you that recording videos isn't really my thing, so adjust your expectations accordingly:

https://youtu.be/Thye25Iieno

The video not very impressive to hear, I only have the sub hooked up and its low-passed at 100 Hz, the song I was playing has its bass note at about 31 hz, which my pathetic iphone camera mic doesn't pick up at all. Its pretty damn loud in real life, you just can't really tell by the video. I think I need to put a new battery in my AMM-1 too. The sub was getting around 130-150 watts, and that was at a frequency that is right in the middle of an impedance dip for the enclosure.

I've got an experimental series tuned 6th-order bandpass box to build and then I'm going to haul everything outside for some ground plane measurements. I'm going to do some compare and contrast between a handful of different subs I've built and I'll be sure to post the results here for everyone to see.

Builds:

You built this enclosure to be loud ??

I was kinda thinking this was more for accuracy in a 5.1 / 7.1 environment ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I built it to be efficient and accurate, kinda two sides to the same coin in this situation. Higher efficiency give me the same SPL on less power, less power means less driver excursion, and less excursion generally means less distortion.

Builds:

I built it to be efficient and accurate, kinda two sides to the same coin in this situation. Higher efficiency give me the same SPL on less power, less power means less driver excursion, and less excursion generally means less distortion.

Isn't that like the reasoning behind line arrays too?

More speakers doing less work equals more efficient and less distortion?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Not the reason for most of them, they are used for acoustic dispersion patterns.

Depending on the array you can "beam" sound to more specific location and farther distances with a less dB loss per doubling of distance than a conventional speaker. This allows for less wattage needed for a higher SPL at a farther distance, which is why they are so common in large venues.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived