Question About DD-1 and gains

If its a sealed box with both subs in a common chamber check your wiring sounds like you may have some cancellation going on

This could be a thing.. maybe.... I was on the fence about a common chamber design. The thing is air tight for sure and running off a mono block sub amp. but I just might split the chambers, or just add a circle port. Thanks for the idea!

Edited by nalacos

The tool can't damage your equipment. There is no reason to use your ear if you have the proper equipment. While it can't eliminate distortion, it can help eliminate distortion indiced by your equipment.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

The more and more I think about it maybe the HU sub level of +15 might be my issue. Cause if i start my settings with the HU out of wack then all tuning from there on out will be off. I am going to try a couple suggestions from this thread this evening and will report back. Thanks again for all your comments.

The only way someone can fry their shit using it is by not understanding how the tones work. They think "oh, the more negative I go with these numbers the louder it makes it, I'll use -15dB" and then when they're playing songs recorded at a higher level at full tilt, it will get clipped to shit in the amp, causing heat (bye-bye amp), or if the amp hasn't gone yet, then they're sending that nasty signal to their subwoofer(s) and causing heat in the sub until it's gone.

TL:DR

You have to understand how test tones at different levels work with music in order to not fuck your shit up like the "others" you claim to have seen @ohio45113

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

yeah i doubt you seen alot of people mess their shit up using one and if something happened to their equipment after they used one then it was user error something they did its like saying you can mess your shit up using an oscope you can't it receives signal it doesn't produce any just like an oscope ... the DD-1 is used to match the preout voltage of the deck to the amp output nothing more... if you use shitty music you are still going to get shitty results and thats user error .. you still have to have half a brain to know the limits of your system and what the quality of music you are using is...

I wasn't saying that actually having it hooked up messed thier shit up.. I was saying that by setting their gains with it they fried their shit. I also stated it might have been user error... This is the only forum I've seen thwt recommends using a dd1 most of the others dont like. All i was saying.

fried what their speakers? user error fried their amp? user error. has nothing to do with the dd-1 has to do with them not knowing what they are doing..

and of course this is the only forum that recommends it you have a lot of hate towards Steve on other forums ...

Edited by CstrokerV
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

The more and more I think about it maybe the HU sub level of +15 might be my issue. Cause if i start my settings with the HU out of wack then all tuning from there on out will be off. I am going to try a couple suggestions from this thread this evening and will report back. Thanks again for all your comments.

I set my amp gain with all of the eq settings on zero and I haven't had a problem. It's something that it wouldn't hurt to try. If it doesn't work then oh well, at least you will know and you can cross it off the list of things you tried.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

nalacos- you need to set the gains with the sub level at +15. If you set it at 0 then you can't use your sub level control because anything above 0 would cause it to distort.

If you want more bass you need more watts or bigger woofers, or both. If you're used to any kind of club or concert or really good home system, two sealed tens isn't really a lot of bass.

Are the woofers moving? If they are moving they are doing their thing. Could you get a video of the subs playing for us?

If the mids and highs are working well tuned with the dd-1 then that proves your dd-1 is working.

It really just sounds to me like you are expecting too much from your two 10"s.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

@ Ohio45113

Thanks again for you input maybe I should try some of your sweet ass Velcro tweeter mounts. Does Bruce Wayne sponsor your bat mobile by chance? How much does that spoiler cost in Gotham city??

20150606_100914_zpsucadei6w.jpg

Sup now?

• Like (+1 Rep) 1