Jump to content

How reliable are Silverado's/Sierra's?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I always take care of my vehicles, but you can't know exactly how well the previous owners took care of the vehicle. Which is why I am asking.

lol So you're asking us how well the previous owner took care of the vehicles you're wanting to buy?

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png
Posted

No I am asking people who own them how they are reliability wise once they pass 80-100k miles.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

 

‎

Posted

If it has the 4l60e tranny you're going to end up rebuilding it other than that they are solid ass trucks.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

So which tranny/engine combo seems to be best, someone mentioned the 5.3L engine.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

 

‎

Posted

They are very reliable trucks if taken care of and 100% what n8 said if it has a 4l60e plan on rebuilding it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

I've never had an issue with the 4l60e. It's all about the maintanace

and after a transgo shift kit is installed.

Posted

I've got 200K+ on my 03 with the 4L60E and I drive the piss out of it. I have never rebuilt the tranny yet, although it is due. Only thing I've ever done to the truck is brakes. I've been extremely lucky with my truck, but I've owned it from the day it was new and have taken care of it, minus the heavy foot at times

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

I've never had an issue with the 4l60e. It's all about the maintanace

and after a transgo shift kit is installed.
I disagree. As long as you have a cooler. Even a $17 vetted servo helps. You'll be fine. I drive the he'll out of mine. No issues

How many full size Chevys had Kranny owned!!? I've had a few, got lucky with a few, rebuilt a few. You just never know

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 594 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...