How reliable are Silverado's/Sierra's?

Long story short, fiance's car is upside down in financing and I want her to turn it over to the bank and I am going to let her just take over payments on my jeep. So I am looking for something to do what I want, which is get loud, maybe hair trick and be a nice ride and reliable. So I have been talking to some close friends and I was recommended to look at Silverado's and Sierra's with Xcabs. The issue I am having is I know very little of these trucks other than they look nice, I see them ALL OVER, and they are pricey.

My budget (self imposed) is $20,000 OTD for a newer vehicle, I already know I won't be buying new, but looking at these I see a TON of them with just under or just over 100k miles on the clock and they are the ones in my price range.

I don't want a vehicle that I have to worry am I going to make it to work today, or that I will have to be fixing on a monthly basis. I have looked a bit online and from true delta and some random forums I see these trucks can easily to 250k miles, however I just wanted to get some opinions from this community.

Thanks for any input.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

I own two an 03 single 5.3l with 178k on it..Minimal maintence.depends how well you take care of them but they last..alsobhave 2011 crew cab 80k I feel its going last a long time..stay up on maintence your good.try buy one with the 5.3 liter ...I'm not a fan of those Eco line..a mechanic told me they can be trickey...

I know the risks and/or consequences of her turning it over to the bank is, which is LESS harmful than a repo. I always take care of my vehicles, but you can't know exactly how well the previous owners took care of the vehicle. Which is why I am asking.

I have a 2010 Silverado Texas Edition that I bought with 76,000 miles on it. The truck currently has 106,000 miles. I have had NO issues what so ever with this truck. This is also the first Chevy I have ever owned. It has plenty of reliable power and a smooth ride. I've always owned Dodges but decided to try something different. Just keep up with regular maintenance and you will be fine.

Pretty much anyone who has financed car ends up upside down at some point.

Turning it over is not better than a repo and they aren't just going to let her out of paying her bill.

Just pay her car off.

This is as bad as all those people that walked away from houses they were upside down on and went and bought another,

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

When she got the car she was taken advantage of by the dealer, I am not here to discuss the pros/cons of the decision to turn the car over, I already know what is/can and could happen if we do it.

The real purpose of the topic is to get opinions on the trucks i mentioned.

The 99-07 models are extremely reliable. As stated above just keep up with regular stuff. But really depends on how the previous owner has taken care of it. I've heard horror story's of the 2007 new body style silverado's. Like rebuilding engine & transmission before 70k. If you can try & look for a later model Silverado regardless of which body style is it. GM seems to fix the things they have issues with as time goes on so a 06-07 model of the older body style should have most the kinks worked out. Same with the 2013's

With that money i'd get a fully loaded 03-07 model preferably a 2007 with low miles & should be around 17K.. Vs get a newer say 2007-2008 for 20k.

Blue Silverado in picture @ 215k miles original engine & tranny. pay more for tires then maintenance or repairs

Archived