I was searching for some bikes on cycle tradder and i came apon this add for an 06 gixxer750 for sale. its listed for $3900 with no pics and brief discription that basically said that it had never been laid down or dropped. there was no phone number only and email. i figured there had to be something wrong with it seeing that the cheapest i found another 06 for was $7k i believe. anways just being curious i emailed the guy and asked for pics. basically he told me that he just had to relocate to the UK for his job. he tried to take the bike over there but when he got there he couldnt get it registered being that it was sold in the us and wasnt passing emmission laws over that and it was gonna cost more than the bike is worth to get it fixed over there since there arent to many shops willing to do it. he also moves locations quite a bit and said he cant afford to keep moving it from storage yard to storage yard. so he told me he is trying to sell it in the U.S. and he is going to have it shipped here to who ever buys it included in the price of the bike. from the pics i revieved the bike looks in extremely nice condition. i also revieved a pic of the odometer which reads right under 4k miles and he confirmed that this is the current milage on the bike. he said in the price there is also a shipping insurance included to protect the bike. he gave me the name of the shipping company (www.smart-courierservice.com) and the bank (Western Union) which both seemed to check out. basiclly how it would work is that if i want it i can email or call on the number he supplied in the email and let him know i want to move forward with the purchase. he will ship the bike and send me a tracking number. once i recieve the tracking number and verify that its on its way i would have 12 hours to make the payment to Western Union. once the bike arrives which is suppose to take about 7-8 days, there is a garuantee through smart courier service that garuantees that the condition of the bike is as stated by the seller and if im not satisfied with it i have 7 days to return it which is free of charge to me and i get all my money back. This all seems to check out ok but at the same time seems kinda wierd. what do you guys think? did i come across and extremely good deal or is some one trying to screw me over.

heres some pics of the bike.

d1_1.jpg

c7_1.jpg

b8_1.jpg

af_1.jpg

ac_1.jpg

93_1.jpg

80_1.jpg

19_1.jpg

9e_1.jpg

Edited by jcm1689

If it's to good to be true is usaully isn't. With a direct money transfer like western union as soon as you tell him that the money has been wired you'll never hear from him again. Happened to me with some JL W7's 2 for $750 a few years back. Thats why ebay says never use western union.

My wife has the exact same bike..and not too long ago she was looking to trade it in for an 08. I can say that the dealer was going to give us around 6k for it..and we all know dealers lowball. So yeah..that deal is way to good to be true. It's either been laid down and cosmeticlly repaired, or it's got some serious engine damage from an idiot who probably didn't know how to ride it in the first place.

kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Look, If you can't meet the person and at least exchange money for keys, then stay away.

If it's a true deal, then there will be paperwork involved.

Be smart, never wire money.

And if you do..... wire it to me, I could use the extra cash :ph34r:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Could be a scam but then again sometimes people are willing to sell things real cheap just to get rid of it. Two weeks ago I sold my Honda CBR600 for $1000. I hadn't rode it for two years and the carbs are messed up but the bike is worth much more but I just didn't want to deal with it.