Sundown Audio

How many watts can I run ?

Alex Coyne

its weird.. i never had issues with his replies.. but i guess the more he grows the less he will be able to get to emails. if he grows more he will have to hire people to keep up

Pm member kyblack76 on here if anyone can help you get a hold of singer it's him.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Never had issues with replies from him (all within the last two months) or the times I got a quote for other vehicles in the last year. Always that day or the next day. Answered every question I had, and confirmed it when I asked about the half inch shorter belt. But, unfortunately, when it comes to customer service, not everyone gets the same way. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, that's the first time I've seen it with singer.

Yeah, this situation with the payment seems odd... For me, he kept all contact between his email account "[email protected]" and he sent me a PayPal invoice once I gave him my info. Just double checked my whole inquiry with him and his longest response time was never beyond 24 hours, the majority of them were same day replies. Build time does suck, but that's to be expected, mine took a little over 3 weeks to complete.

Oui6Awn.jpg

How does your OEM Alt deal with this wingnut bolt bracket ??

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

welp, this is surprising.. and really weird.. If were getting the full story..

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

In regards to the wingnut/frame, the stock alternator clears it (if your looking at the picture the belt moves to the right just enough to clear it). On the Singer it touches it when flush with the buttom pulley and if I pull the alternator forward anymore (in hopes of clearing it) the belt is out of alignment (mechanic said it has to do with the way the casing was made, its not an exact clone of the OEM case).

In regards to the story, it's the full story (I have no reason to lie and I have most of the emails along with most of the PMs sent to Jim and the paypal statement). Payment wasn't sent through Singer (since I could never contact him) so I paid Jim at caraudio.com on March 13th (mylows10 is his username).

On the 9th week after payment (week of May 11th) I contacted Singer asking for an update and got nothing for 9 days (had to contact Jim again ). Product didn't get shipped till the 29th of May (11 weeks).

I literally have no idea whats going on

Very interesting info regarding Singer. I'm building a system for my son's '09 Civic and know that I'll need a much higher output alternator. Your experience with Singer is making me lean toward kicking them off my list. Nobody has time to screw around with nonsense like that!

The civic is what drew me to Singer (he was the only one who would touch a 7th gen civic). Mechman only had a universal alternator to play with that didn't include an ELD bypass (you need an ELD bypass or your Alt will charge low). DC didn't touch 7th gen but the had 6th and 8th (I'm not sure if they had the ELD bypass or not).

If you never actually talked with Mike Singer, I'd be leery of that being an alternator that fits your car. For all you know, "Jim" could have just been trying to sell his alt... But I could be wrong. But as mentioned, you should talk with Kyblack76, he's in cahoots with singer real good ;) and will be able to help you figure out what's up with your alt.

Archived