What do you guys think of this?.... Trouble at work.

So I work casually for an Audio Visual Hire company, which I have for about 2 years now, but have recently stopped most work with them after moving on to a larger company but still occasionally doing jobs for them. We've been on good terms maybe apart from now.

So I came in especially on a public holiday, not getting holiday pay for it (I came in because I had other worked booked in the rest of that week) to fix a problem with a basic install that had been done (projector not working properly, not important what it was) When I got to the office I noticed both vans were fully loaded with gear from a job that I presumed had just finished, generally with big jobs that are a long distance away we aren't required to pack the gear away since it's allot of work.

I needed to bring a large ladder with me to the site where the faulty projector was so I packed some of the gear away to fit the ladder, later planning to unpack the entire van just to help out. This didn't end up happening since by the time I fixed the problem it was late so I put back the ladder, locked the van and left.

So I get a phone call a few days later asking if I had removed gear from the van I took which I explained the above situation only to realize that the vans had been packed in preparation before the job. The technicians had gotten to the job several hours away and come to realize gear was missing, gear had to be cross-hired from another company at the cost of the company I work for.

So friday I get an email "Just an FYI, this is what is cost to replace the gear pulled from the van" Not cheap it was about $700

Should I be feeling guilty about this? Surely the technicians could of taken a look to make sure nothing had been changed...

Also the email seemed a bit unprofessional, I had already apologised over the phone for what happened now it's getting rubbed in my face.

To add to this the boss at this company owes me about $300 in expenses which were supposed to be taken care of some time ago now I feel like I shouldn't even be asking for it after this...

Looking to get peoples opinions...

(Old Car) 1995 Volkswagon Golf MK3 2.0L:

Fi SP4 18 On A DC Audio 3.5K In A PWK Box

Hertz DSK 6" Speakers, Clarion HU

3x Fullriver 120aH AGM's, 225A Alt

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

Bit One, Rockford Amps, Audison Sub

it can go both ways I'v been in your shoes doesnt feel good, and yea you kinda mest up the other technician if he had everything prepared for that trip. but shit $700 for a ladder is expensive if you ask me? what does it do? dont beat your self up too much shit happens and you just have to learn from your mistakes. bet you wont do it again

it can go both ways I'v been in your shoes doesnt feel good, and yea you kinda mest up the other technician if he had everything prepared for that trip. but shit $700 for a ladder is expensive if you ask me? what does it do? dont beat your self up too much shit happens and you just have to learn from your mistakes. bet you wont do it again

Thanks for the reply, I meant I removed gear from the van to fit the ladder in for myself.

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

People make mistakes and a $700 one is nothing in the scheme of things.

I don't know how it is there but here it would be a tax write off as a business expense anyways.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If the people you work for the are capable of sending out an e-mail of that nature then it's no wonder they still owe you $300. I say this is a good place for you to part ways and don't look back. It may cost you $300 in the short term but how much bullshit are you eliminating in the long run.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

If the people you work for the are capable of sending out an e-mail of that nature then it's no wonder they still owe you $300. I say this is a good place for you to part ways and don't look back. It may cost you $300 in the short term but how much bullshit are you eliminating in the long run.

Thanks for your input I've had this thought for some time it might be time to be done with them.

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

You always could of asked before you removed the equipment especially since you presumed the job was finish i would put this on your mistake but also partially theirs if they don't have enough vehicles to do more than one job... the whole unprofessional email and them being dicks about it is uncalled for but like rolex said time to part ways with them..

all aboard this train.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived