Sundown Audio

Impedance rise on amp?

Csprak1990

I bought a alpine mrp-2000 for $200.00 and it's only stable down to 2 ohms and I have 4, 2ohm subs wired now for 1 ohm. Anyway, I heard of people who will wire .5 ohm on 1 ohm amps because of impedance/box rise. How do you measure your ohm load and figure out how much impedance rise you get? And would it be safe to run the alpine @ 1 ohm? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

You cant rely on impedance rise.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

SMD IM-SG

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Why did you buy an amp that says is stable to 2ohm when you can't wire to 2ohm? You can try wiring to 1 ohm, but the amp might protect. Or it might not. You already have it, might as well try it. It'd probably get a little hotter than it normally would if it doesn't protect.

That's not valid answer. So in a perfect world i wire for 2 ohm and it stays 2 ohm. WRONG!!!!

you shouldn't be counting on rise to get it above 2ohm anyways.

There is a very good chance your amp will actually see that 1 ohm load that it isn't stable at.

Here's your answer it might survive or it might not we can't answer that for you.

Also when you ask a question and someone tries to answer you should probably be a little bit nicer even if it's not an answer you were looking for.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

That's not valid answer. So in a perfect world i wire for 2 ohm and it stays 2 ohm. WRONG!!!!

But it won't go below 2ohm, which is the minimum the amp is rated for, so it's a valid and a really good answer. Impedance rise might save you, or it might not. Wiring at 2ohms will not cause any problems under normal circumstances.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Wired it. It got hot pretty fast. Hot ass hell down south. I was just trying to get input before doing the fuck it act and piss 200 down the drain. I didnt buy the amp to run 2 ohms. I was simply asking how to find out if i was getting box rise. By your answers im sure a lot of you have tried. I bought the amp because it claimed 1500rms @ 4 ohms and so I figured it would be more efficient. They're on 4 e 10s. And the amp never went into protect imo just felt hotter then other amps ive ran in same weather conditions. How do you measure impedance rise? Fuck it, i aint gon lie I was just trying to see wtf dat amp would do, and o yea dont trip over text bro. Can't express emotions correctly over written texts, so there was no disrespect. Just thought message boards like these would give me a broader view of other peoples experience. So appreciate yo feedback.

Archived