bigmizzle99 Posted June 26, 2015 Report Posted June 26, 2015 I've been using these for my DC subs with direct leads. They allow easy connect/disconnect and are UL Rated, all aluminum, with set screws. I think it would make a great accessory product. Just an idea. They need some electrical tape or heat shrink to keep them from shorting, but all in all....AWESOME. That's 8 gauge SHCA used. Just thought I would share again. Quote Camaro SS Build Altima build 2.0 Altima build 1.0
KiKaZz74 Posted June 26, 2015 Report Posted June 26, 2015 Should just use heat shrink of self fusing silicone tape. Just splice kits but they usually come with heat shrink. I'd like to see them smaller and more symmetrical if it were something you'd consider making. Quote My SPL to SQ Build Log Vehicle:1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6 Stock AltEquipment: Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12 Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" Processor- MiniDSP 2x4 RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series Wire- EB Flex 2/0 -Member of Team SounDrive
White Lightning Posted June 26, 2015 Report Posted June 26, 2015 Nice Connector Splices ... Quote Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
KiKaZz74 Posted June 26, 2015 Report Posted June 26, 2015 If I get a sub with correct leads I'll most likely use Anderson connectors or similar. Seems like they'd be best if I didn't wanna solder or crimp them together. Quote My SPL to SQ Build Log Vehicle:1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6 Stock AltEquipment: Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12 Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" Processor- MiniDSP 2x4 RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series Wire- EB Flex 2/0 -Member of Team SounDrive
bigmizzle99 Posted June 29, 2015 Author Report Posted June 29, 2015 Should just use heat shrink of self fusing silicone tape. Just splice kits but they usually come with heat shrink. I'd like to see them smaller and more symmetrical if it were something you'd consider making. I'm not looking to make them and I didn't make these...they were purchased at big box hardware store in electrical aisle. I thought they'd make a nice accessory part from one of the supporting vendors on here to make something similar, that's all. I'm gonna continue to use these as I like em. Quote Camaro SS Build Altima build 2.0 Altima build 1.0
bigmizzle99 Posted June 29, 2015 Author Report Posted June 29, 2015 If I get a sub with correct leads I'll most likely use Anderson connectors or similar. Seems like they'd be best if I didn't wanna solder or crimp them together. Is the Anderson connector the plastic one that allows connect and disconnect, kind rectangular looking ? Quote Camaro SS Build Altima build 2.0 Altima build 1.0
KiKaZz74 Posted June 29, 2015 Report Posted June 29, 2015 Yes. Used on forklift chargers Quote My SPL to SQ Build Log Vehicle:1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6 Stock AltEquipment: Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12 Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" Processor- MiniDSP 2x4 RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series Wire- EB Flex 2/0 -Member of Team SounDrive
JakeMN Posted June 30, 2015 Report Posted June 30, 2015 Maybe something could be 3D printed to hold them. Quote Bass head in training. Trying to learn everything I can. 2014 Dodge Dart GT Synergy Audio WFO 15.1 V2 (Prototype) Sundown X12
Bump4life Posted June 30, 2015 Report Posted June 30, 2015 Like this thats waht i have Quote Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/ MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136 MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/ My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 BMW M340 xDrive Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4... Best Scores out of a trunk 153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz 154+ windows down, 155+ kick
Recommended Posts