Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sundown SA 8 v2 t-line or just ported?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm picking up one of these. Anyone have experience with one of these ? I'd like to build a t-line for it but I don't know what to tune it to for best results, and I'm not very good at the math . Help please ! LOL

Posted

Tune the tline to 35 Hz (8 feet of port length) with a port area of 30 in^2.

Vehicle: 2013 Ford F-150 STX SuperCab 5.0L V8 4x4

BIG 3: Knukonceptz Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge OFC Power Amp Kit

Headunit: Stock (Leaving factory look)

Speakers: Stock

Subwoofer: Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 10" D2 wired down to 1 ohm

Enclosure: ~1.5 cubic feet tuned to ~34 Hz (Port Area ~24 inches)

Amplifier(s): Sundown Audio SAE1000.1D

Amp Power Kit: Knukonceptz Complete 4 Gauge OFC Amplifier Installation Kit

Posted

You could most likely achieve whatever your goal is with a simple ported enclosure.

Now if you are just doing it to play around then go for it.

I can't help with specs or anything like that as I don't do designs.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Do a T-line if you have the space. Typically you tune a T-line to the driver's Fs with a port area equal to the driver's Sd.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Posted

I would say T-line because I had my V1 in a T-line on 600 watts and it was pretty nasty for a little 8...

T-line will be much larger than standard ported though

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

 

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

 

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Posted

Personal preference I don't care for t lines unless the sub has a low fs. The roll off is ridiculous

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz



Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Posted

I see the fs on these is 40, which is gonna make a pretty high tuned box , which in my opinion is not what I would like. I was hoping for tuning around 35 hz or so. So maybe a normal ported would work out a little better? But the 1/4 wave should be louder right?

Posted

where do you see an Fs of 40? From the sundown website they are 34.6 for D2 and 35.95 for D4....

http://sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/discontinued/item/sa-8v2.html

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Posted

I was looking at the v3 I just realized. Thanks for the correction. So based on the fs of 35 that would be just fine by me. So, what kind of dimensions do I need to follow for port size and length ?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2036 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...