now thats a home theater setup

I have nothing against this setup or any other setup as it is the persons own personal preference as to what makes them happy with what they want.

It's just that my opinion is that the sub enclosures just over power the rest of the setup visually, but again it is only my opinion, and like everyone knows, opinions are like assholes and everyone has one and they all stink.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I don't know that any of us are calling ourselves experts. In home theater....on a car audio forum.

truth be told I think I posted this on a Saturday or something and we were just bullshiting back and forth. I actually was surprised this got any interest at all.

You know honestly with home theater or just home stereo altogether i don't care much about superb sound quality I just want that shit loud and clear and I'd bet many others are the same damn way.

If I want sq I'll grab some headphones and even then I'll turn them up way too high.

People are too worried about what others do with their stuff.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I have nothing against this setup or any other setup as it is the persons own personal preference as to what makes them happy with what they want.

It's just that my opinion is that the sub enclosures just over power the rest of the setup visually, but again it is only my opinion, and like everyone knows, opinions are like assholes and everyone has one and they all stink.

True. In reality, and not long exposure and post processed pictures, the subs are pretty much in the dark in the room. Nothing really draws attention except the screen.

I don't know that any of us are calling ourselves experts. In home theater....on a car audio forum.

truth be told I think I posted this on a Saturday or something and we were just bullshiting back and forth. I actually was surprised this got any interest at all.

<3

Funny people saying this is not practical for home theater, but how many of us are running multiple alts, batteries, woofers, amps, walls in our vehicles?
I bet the majority of people here that got into car audio came over from the home audio scene that they loved before they where able to drive.

Its no different then the guy that puts $20grand into his motor on a 1970s car just to drive it down the track once a week.

These are just other peoples hobbies and joys, and Im sure once you grow up your focus may move away from the car audio part and back to the home audio portion.

This is a kick ass system with no reason to try and discredit it, especially making crazy comments when you never even looked at the other pictures otherwise you would see how foolish your sounding saying things like there is no rear stage when its 7.2 surround sounnd. lol

Also worth mentioning is a lot of these guys a nutty with their setups and very skilled and smart with lots of info to learn from.

You guys havent seen my home system!! Wall shaker 3 houses down!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Funny people saying this is not practical for home theater, but how many of us are running multiple alts, batteries, woofers, amps, walls in our vehicles?

I bet the majority of people here that got into car audio came over from the home audio scene that they loved before they where able to drive.

Its no different then the guy that puts $20grand into his motor on a 1970s car just to drive it down the track once a week.

These are just other peoples hobbies and joys, and Im sure once you grow up your focus may move away from the car audio part and back to the home audio portion.

This is a kick ass system with no reason to try and discredit it, especially making crazy comments when you never even looked at the other pictures otherwise you would see how foolish your sounding saying things like there is no rear stage when its 7.2 surround sounnd. lol

Also worth mentioning is a lot of these guys a nutty with their setups and very skilled and smart with lots of info to learn from.

Well from my standpoint I wasn't trying to discredit anyone or the setup. Thats why I posted it, I liked the setup and thought it was cool/interesting.

Also discussing the ins and outs of a system doesn't mean that you are trying to discredit what someone did. I know theres a lot of conversation that just devolve into bashing what someone did or is trying to do but I don't think this conversation was like that.

I think its good to throw out different ideas. If you just have people talking about how great you are you never get better and you can't learn anything IMHO. Theres a constructive and DEstructive way to go about it.

(on a side note yea...making a comment when you haven't even looked at the setup or what it entails is a little bit silly. But then again I doubt people are doing a indepth analysis of the writeup either. I soak up this stuff...so I may have spent a little more time then most on it :) )

Well from my standpoint I wasn't trying to discredit anyone or the setup. Thats why I posted it, I liked the setup and thought it was cool/interesting.

Also discussing the ins and outs of a system doesn't mean that you are trying to discredit what someone did. I know theres a lot of conversation that just devolve into bashing what someone did or is trying to do but I don't think this conversation was like that.

I think its good to throw out different ideas. If you just have people talking about how great you are you never get better and you can't learn anything IMHO. Theres a constructive and DEstructive way to go about it.

(on a side note yea...making a comment when you haven't even looked at the setup or what it entails is a little bit silly. But then again I doubt people are doing a indepth analysis of the writeup either. I soak up this stuff...so I may have spent a little more time then most on it :) )

Sorry if it wasn't clear, wasn't really referring to your posts ;)

Archived