Sundown Audio

great 4 channel amps??

Masterbasser

I wouldn't spend one dime of my money on that garbage.

You know it's junk too.

I think all the burned up audiopipe amps speaks for itself.

I didnt have any complaints, tbh.. No noticeable difference when i switched to an all mighty Korean either.

22361C38-A3C8-4741-AFDD-A6A4723081BA_zps

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

My Rockford 1000-4ad has been kicking since 2011 and is by far the best 4 channel I've owned....

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

My Rockford 1000-4ad has been kicking since 2011 and is by far the best 4 channel I've owned....

loved my RF 1000.4ad, wish i never sold it....

also ran a RF 800.4,.. was killer...

I do like my AMPERE class AB 4 chans, less power sure..

. but they do me fine... ....

personally id be embarassed to have audiopipe in my car lol.

seems theres alot of decent 4 channels out there to be had in the 200-300 dolla range new with warranty

Amps im currently considering are the nvx 800.4 and the infinity kappa four (i wonder if these are the same amps rms ratings similar and so is the amp size) Ive always had good luck with infinity for mids and highs although the kappa stuff is not very cheap. what makes those 2 amps attractive to me is the size and the price,also have alot of personal experience with infinity however the infintiy 4 channel i got gets hot at 4 ohms per channel not sure how it would handle 2 ohms per channel

I don't have any experience with Audiopipe, but I can see where you're coming from. If anything, you could always pop the cover and put some plexi over that shiz.

I've seen some terrible pics of AP's amps catching fire, but that could always be the owner's bad.

I like RF too.

Tough titty said the kitty when the milk went dry

"Anchors aweigh! So what do you think of my little vessel? She's what we call a see-worthy. S-E-E, see with your eyes. I feel like my transport should be an extension of my personality. Voila. And this, this is like my little window to the world, and every minute's a different show. Now I may not understand it. I may not even necessarily agree with it. But I'll tell you what, I accept it and just sort of glide along. You want to keep things on an even keel, I guess is what I'm saying. You want to go with the flow. The sea refuses no river. The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving. It saves on introductions and goodbyes. The ride does not require an explanation - just occupants. That's where you guys come in. It's like you come onto this planet with a crayon box. Now you may get the eight-pack, you may get the sixteen-pack, but it's all in what you do with the crayons, the colors, that you're given. And don't worry about drawing within the lines or coloring outside the lines. I say color outside the lines, you know what I mean? Color right off the page. Don't box me in! We're in motion to the ocean. We are not land-locked, I'll tell you that. So where do you want out?" ~Waking Life

I loved my MB Quart OA800.4 and I am thinking getting their new DA1-1000.4 amp. I like the Crescendo S800.4 but I have noise coming through a channel.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

The only thing I don't like about RF 4ch amps is the PEQ I always turn it all the way down but makes me think its doing something to my signal. Still sounds great and never had any problems with my punch but I guess its just a mental thing.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

loved my RF 1000.4ad, wish i never sold it....

also ran a RF 800.4,.. was killer...

I do like my AMPERE class AB 4 chans, less power sure..

. but they do me fine... ....

I've been eyeballing those Ampere 4 channels for a little now ,would be nice to have matching amps to go with my TFE...but find it hard to let the RF go Lol

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

The only thing I don't like about RF 4ch amps is the PEQ I always turn it all the way down but makes me think its doing something to my signal. Still sounds great and never had any problems with my punch but I guess its just a mental thing.

who the fuck runs the PEQ on a 4 chan amp ?

unplug that......

the rf peq will jump it at like 45 or 12k.. (depending on the amp.. and yours,.. id assume will boost at like 10k or so, i cant remember)

neither of which, im a fan of.......... lay that knob down.

Archived