best 2 or 3 way comps for under 400 per set.

Andrew Storlie

You think even a light weight model paint would effect the speaker that much?

Yes

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

My goals for the system is a system that can play very flat and even. No peaky bass or highs, an overall good quallity warm sound. I do like it loud sometimes so must not distort at high volume, i will be tuning with a dd1+ and crossover calibrator

I'd look into Hertz, Focal, Audison ect. if I had that kind of budget.

ive audison was a good brand, but it seems like they are way over priced, correct me if im wrong. As far as focal and hertz... what sets would you recommend?

Would like to keep as factory look as possible, im looking at the audison apk 163 primo series 3 way say, i just have to figure out how to use their crossovers. Or the focal 165AS3 3 way set and the hertz HSK 163

Focals seem like the most at a little more the 450 for each set.

How are you planning on making a three way Sq setup look stock?

When running passive everything has to be placed perfectly to get what you are after.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

By factory i mean i dont want things to look out of place. I want them to look like they are supposed to be there. Stock grills, the woofers will be in the doors factory spots. Mid ill have to make a hole.and tweet will be mounted in top of door with a -3db cross

These are a little above your price range but well worth the extra cash. They are CDT Audio's HD 3 way comp set and IMO for the money it doesn't get any better than these. I've been running CDT since 2010 and love their products. If you plan on using the passive xover that comes with the comp set it is one of the most over engineered xovers in the price point. IIRC the xover's alone sell for around $300 without any speakers. Anyway here is the link to the 3 way set: http://cdtdealer.com/hd_series/hd_632.php

Edit: There are plenty more sets to check out on their site and the cool thing is that you can buy directly from them so you know you are getting the best price possible unless someone is offering some highly discounted discontinued set or something like that.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

:trippy: 2k on deadening! good lawd! interested to see on what you decide to go with for front stage!

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Archived