Adam Conyers Posted July 20, 2015 Author Report Posted July 20, 2015 its going to be hard but worth it
gckless Posted July 20, 2015 Report Posted July 20, 2015 Hold up, you think you're doing that? Just how much space do you have back there? And how are you tuning the inside chamber? You do plan on building many of these until it's right, correct? A tuning nightmare is an understatement. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
ToNasty Posted July 20, 2015 Report Posted July 20, 2015 That's why I said gil. It seems like itl.be close to the size of a 6th order. ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
gckless Posted July 20, 2015 Report Posted July 20, 2015 Yeah basically the same size. I don't know how to design one of those but I would think that for a pair of 15's that inside chamber is going to be at least 4 cubes. Outside double that or more. Have you measured the space you have? I think you're looking at like at least 15 cubes gross here. Probably more. I'm ducking out. I'll follow a build log if you ever post one. Good luck. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
ToNasty Posted July 20, 2015 Report Posted July 20, 2015 The first chamber would be probably 4 cubes per sub. So 8 cubes. Then atleast 16-20 cubes for the second chamber. Add port and bracing. That's a huge enclosure ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Triticum Agricolam Posted July 20, 2015 Report Posted July 20, 2015 http://www.hi-fi.ru/bitrix/components/bitrix/forum.interface/show_file.php?fid=895465.jpg damnt lol now your confusing me im doing the bottom 7th and instead of a port coming out i am using passive radiators OK, now I know what you are trying to do. Despite what that picture calls that box layout, pretty much everyone else calls that a series tuned 6th order bandpass. The more I look at it, the more I see how that image is all kinds of messed up. Its calling a regular ported box a 3rd order (its a 4th). So are you planning is using PRs for the port between your front and rear chamber or just for the port between your front chamber and the outside of the box? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
TaylorFade Posted July 20, 2015 Report Posted July 20, 2015 Is the "coil" they're referring to a simple 1st order passive filter? Do you not plan on using any means of electronic crossovers? Because if you are... why aren't you including them in your nomenclature as well? My ported box has a 2nd order LPF and a 4th order HPF. Does that mean my box is a 10th order? SMH.
TaylorFade Posted July 20, 2015 Report Posted July 20, 2015 While the "orders" to refer to the rolloff in frequency response... they're caused by the energy devices used in the alignment. The one thing I will grant you is the odd order rolloff of a PR vs the even order of a vent. So if that's the case and you're using PR's for both chambers... You're building an 8th order? Lmao. Good times.
ToNasty Posted July 20, 2015 Report Posted July 20, 2015 Don't forget its in a trunk ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
bighossf150 Posted July 20, 2015 Report Posted July 20, 2015 Don't forget its in a trunk In a turbo and supercharged grand prix Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.