Got back to working on the suitcase today! Pulled the inner support core out for the top and cut some more holes in it so it would be lighter and for room to add some more speakers!

DSCN0266_zpsbd2pkd3s.jpg

Also made a inner top section that I mounted 2 more Neo Pro v2 6.5's in that will only play when the suitcase is open. Covered it with some of the stuff I pulled out of the suitcase earlier!

DSCN0268_zpsuo1onasx.jpg

DSCN0273_zpsa9ieqbii.jpg

So that's 8 of them in it now! LOL

grill%20No_zpsznovozdn.jpg

Hope to mount the amps tomorrow!

Got some new photo's of the progress on the build but for some reason I can't upload them on here!!!! I've been using photobucket with no problem's but now it will not work for me!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't updated in a while! Had some computer technical difficulty! LOL

Been building some more stuff for it and mounting some stuff!

DSCN0288_zps08gd1q9p.jpg

This is how close every thing is in the top chamber. There is air gaps on the motor!

DSCN0279_zps9590nhyf.jpg

DSCN0286_zpsttftc4ha.jpg

This is the Aluminum I used to mount the amps on top of each other. I also left a air gap for them to get air from the 4 fans that are in there!

DSCN0262_zpse2dzo9or.jpg

This is some Proto-Type stuff I'm working on. Wire hold down's and wire stand offs. I will be posting more on it soon. None of the wire is done just testing!

DSCN0034_zpskpqzzcy0.jpg

DSCN0025_zpsfq8ukagm.jpg

DSCN0033_zps2aazsvew.jpg

DSCN0026_zpsxleeei5i.jpg

B) Glad to be BACK!!!!!!

You will be able to see my wire run's. All the White Nylon will be covered with the original material I pulled out of the suitcase, but the Proto-Type wire hold down's & stand offs I've started making out of Aluminum. Now I got to polish them up!

DSCN0009_zpskpgemxvo.jpg

DSCN0002_zps3vobm3au.jpg

DSCN0006_zpsiuz0c29f.jpg

This is what they are taking the place of

proto_zpswtmymrci.jpg

These are next!

neat_zpskkpnesu6.jpg

How are you mounting them? I don't see any screw holes, or am I asking too soon? Love the idea! Bad ass Ronnie!!

They have screw holes on the bottom of them. I will make a Boomerang shape thin piece of aluminum that will fit the curve and mount them on it then mount the whole unit down to the suitcase. It will all come together real soon, I'll be sure to post pics when I'm done with it! B)

• 2 weeks later...

I took a break from the build for a little bit but today I designed my power blocks for the input to the suitcase. There is a mating part to this that I have not made a print of yet. Some times I like putting my thoughts on paper! Not a professional but I make due!

First picture looks funny but it is actually square! Camera made it look like this! LOL

DSCN4755_zpsibie5pdr.jpg

DSCN4756_zpsxmhucnsv.jpg

DSCN4759_zpsjpmkgupr.jpg

DSCN4758_zpskapvylss.jpg

DSCN4757_zps1qsxmmpm.jpg

SO let's see if I can explain this!!!!!! :spiteful: It is basically like a huge ring terminal but for 3 1/0 run's. There will be 2 of them in the suitcase supplying the Fuse/Ground distribution Block one for Ground other for Power. On the outside of the suit case there will be a similar block like this but for 4 1/0 runs on each one. They will be bolted together with the 1/2 13 Aluminum bolts that I posted pic's of towards the first of this topic. I try to plan out everything from the start of a build so all this was in mind! Should have them done next week!

Archived