This is part of my Wagon build so I thought I would share this is it's story along with the build of it! It started life at the Fox Drive In movie theater I went to as a kid! I have actually listen to a movie while I watched it on the big screen with this speaker! When the theater was closing down my dad got this speaker from the last movie we watched there! He had plans to use it on a bike he was building but never did. He modified it but then put it up in his building for years! I was over there digging around and found it and thought I could use it some how in the Wagon! So it begins!

The day I brought it home

drive%20in%20start_zpsketexofx.jpg

It showed it's age!

drive%20in%20start%201_zps80m9wx11.jpg

Now what to do with it???? Hung it on the door but didn't like it there

Start%202_zpsehpv5k0i.jpg

Sit it on the front seat, throw-ed a speaker in it and thought I would put my Bass Knob in the hole where the volume knob was. And hooked it up to the amp in the suitcase so I could test it out!!!

Start%203_zpsiem7sldi.jpg

DSCN1744_zpsch7qqxd4.jpg

Threw a quick rattle can paint job on it also I made a adapter to hold the speaker correct and put some White LED's in it. I also cut the hook off of it so it would sit on the front seat better. Also notice the big hole in the back. That's where my dad was going to use it on his build but changed his mind. That means I got some Aluminum Tig welding to do!

IMG_20150215_202441_zpsi0bowfkz.jpg

Also drilled the holes for my switchs cause I decided to run my air ride off of it to!

DSCN2787_zps06kfhjor.jpg

Cleaned the speaker adapter up some and made a connection to hook up to my Bass Knob so when the amps on the LEDs are on!

new%20spacer%20speaker_zpszdmdsic0.jpg

TEST RUN!!!! Looks OK now it's time to make it look GOOD!

IMG_20150217_143540_zpszjzknu0a.jpg

Striped it back down and welded every thing up!

welded%20back_zpsopvxprun.jpg

Done my body work at the kitchen table & used the bathroom as a paint booth! The wife loved that! LOL

IMG_20150221_203118_zpshw1tsktg.jpg

Wet sanded it now it's ready for paint!

ready%204%20paint%20right%20side_zps4zet

ready%204%20paint%20right%20back%20view_

While I was having the Wagon repainted I had it painted as well! Snow White with Blue pearl! Put some switch extensions on it to!

Fresh%20Drive%20In%203_zpsnblgn0kx.jpg

Fresh%20Drive%20In%202_zpszgtg5kqd.jpg

OH Almost forgot! I also changed the speaker out to the Infinity Kappa 4" to match all my other mid's and highs in the Wagon. But to do this I had to make another adapter so I decided to double the LED's and run blue instead of white!

DSCN3432_zpsoubwgd9m.jpg

A LOT brighter!

DSCN3425_zpseifejzm6.jpg

Now that it's looking good and sounding great! Time to one up it! Sent it off to a buddy of mine to do some custom Pin-Striping on it! It's not done yet but he sent me these shot's so far!

drivein1_zpshnqg2kek.jpg

drivein_zpsyhw1d3r9.jpg

drivein2_zpsulpatbpd.jpg

Sweet looking!

Thanks man I can't wait to get it back so I can put it back in the Wagon! It's came a long way's and really sounds great in the car! Sitting in that front seat puts that Kappa pointing right up at your ear, it SCREAMS!!!

This Complete build is entered in this months SOTM contested #18 Sideshow_kustom If you like this build stop by the link and throw me a Vote! Thanks for taking the time to look & read my story!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196784-march-2015-sotm-vote-sponsored-by-droppin-hz-car-audio-enter-to-win-a-350-store-credit/

Nice use of the housing!

-Frank

Thanks man! SAD part about it is most people won't even know what it is! If Drive-Ins Theaters where still up and operating then people would recognize it but with them LONG gone the younger crowd more than likely won't know what it is! I hate it that there is a whole generation that missed out on the old Drive In Theater experience!

I remember those!!!!! I remember useing them to watch crocodile Dundee lol we would also take the speaker for the next car on our right so both Windows would have a speaker so it would be in stereo hahaha thanks for memories sick ass build man love the car

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Nice use of the housing!

-Frank

Thanks man! SAD part about it is most people won't even know what it is! If Drive-Ins Theaters where still up and operating then people would recognize it but with them LONG gone the younger crowd more than likely won't know what it is! I hate it that there is a whole generation that missed out on the old Drive In Theater experience!

We still have one in Tampa. I haven't been FunLand since 97. The speakers were still present, but they used a FM modulated reception, which was perfect because of those damn mosquitos! lol.

-Frank

I remember Mom & Dad packing me & my 2 brothers with a bunch of our buddies in the car and go there & a car load of us would get in for $10's!! We had a blast them day's! Hell sometimes we would all be packed n the back of an old Pick-up truck! And LOOK we all lived and was living the DREAM back then!!! I would love to find a old Drive in still standing or operating to take some pictures of my Wagon in front of it! I think that would be SICK, instead of this water tower!

Wagon%20shots%208_zpsckkookj6.jpg

Archived