i have a question. and since it pertained to this topic i figured id ask here. i need another way to secure my sub box. every time i secure it in place with brackets the screws get shaken out. and i cant from the inside of the box cause are a bitch to get in to begin with even with the box now secured down lol

You mean like L brackets on the side of the box to the floor of your vehicle?

In that case put some locktight in the nuts or use locking nuts which are the ones with the plastic in them.

Ive found that if a thief gets in your ride and cant get the equipment out that they want they get mad and destroy it I've had my subs stabed and deck also stabed with a screw driver cause they couldn't rip it out

Also a friend had all of seats and Gauges ripped and broken cause they couldn't get the deck out stupid punks

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Guest MegaloManiac

Ive found that if a thief gets in your ride and cant get the equipment out that they want they get mad and destroy it I've had my subs stabed and deck also stabed with a screw driver cause they couldn't rip it out

Also a friend had all of seats and Gauges ripped and broken cause they couldn't get the deck out stupid punks

this is exactly why I have a false floor. cant steal or damage what they cant see :)

thieves are stupid so I dont think they would spend a LOT of time if they cant see it, they will not stop and think. They only react.

this is exactly why I have a false floor. cant steal or damage what they cant see :)

thieves are stupid so I dont think they would spend a LOT of time if they cant see it, they will not stop and think. They only react.

Ya I saw your build very nice clean build and no one would know you had anything unless they heard it this is the chance you take when doing somyging big you got haters that can't afford what we do want so they steal it

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Guest MegaloManiac

like with meades old civic, i bet nobody could steal anything out of it if it was sitting in front of his house. so they just stole the whole freaking car and took their time(twisting my stomach just saying that).

But all I have to say if someone stole my car, I'm glad I have full coverage, and insurance company knows everything in the car.

buy a w7

Lol they would be like "where the screws!?!?!?"

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Bolt the subs in from inside the box... only works if the port is big enough to climb inside.

Then wire your alarm to trigger a 50hz tone and your stereo's remote-on :D Lets see them climb through a port that's burping 50hz in their face... has the handy addition of waking up every single person in your street - people might ignore alarms, nobody ignores 50hz @ 3am.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived