Carnines Posted August 7, 2015 Report Posted August 7, 2015 If I were to run a pair of eric stevens horns/ ID horns under dash.. would a crescendo PWX 10 inch mid bass in each door be of enough quality to be on the level of horns? Or should I invest into a better 10 inch mid bass?
ToNasty Posted August 8, 2015 Report Posted August 8, 2015 Should invest in ppi 3 way ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
gckless Posted August 8, 2015 Report Posted August 8, 2015 Do you want loud or do you want quality? PWXs are strictly the former. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Carnines Posted August 8, 2015 Author Report Posted August 8, 2015 Should invest in ppi 3 way Eh it's still a consideration. Do you want loud or do you want quality? PWXs are strictly the former. I do want them to sound good. I have looked at silver flute, 18 sound, Eminence, and B&C. Need something that'll take 200 or 300 watts and sound good with great low end. Don't really want beyma.
jcarter1885 Posted August 8, 2015 Report Posted August 8, 2015 Way better speaker please, budget would help as well Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface AudioControl DM-608 (2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns (4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5" AudioControl LC-6.1200 (1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz Ampere Audio AA3800.1 Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting) Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk) Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted August 8, 2015 Report Posted August 8, 2015 Why do you think they need to take 300 watts to get what you are after? That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Carnines Posted August 8, 2015 Author Report Posted August 8, 2015 I don't. That's the max amount of watts I would even think about running to each 10. I would prefer more in the 200 range. Budget would be around 300 for both.
Kevin M Posted August 8, 2015 Report Posted August 8, 2015 http://www.parts-express.com/bc-10ndl64-10-professional-neodymium-woofer-8-ohm--294-5932 I would use these. Better midbass for car audio. There is the faital pro 10fe200. It's also a great midbass and inexpensive. You would have to be careful with the gains if you have an actual 300 watts at 8 ohms with those. Are you running the full size horns or the minis? You have a DSP to smooth the horns out? How much wattage are you going to run to them? They have very high sensitivity with a given wattage. Drivers like the silver flutes are great but they don't have the sensitivity or the power handling capability to keep pace with the horns. To be honest I would recommend using a 12" pa midbass if you could make it happen. The eminence deltalite with the horns would be the cat's pajamas. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
CortezDTV Posted August 8, 2015 Report Posted August 8, 2015 What's wrong with beyma? SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
Carnines Posted August 8, 2015 Author Report Posted August 8, 2015 I think a 12 would be too large for my door. I actually have been looking into b&c neos. I hear mixed reviews about beyma and that they lack on the low end.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.