XP battery-truth is?

I was messaging XS power about some battery bracket info and was told information I thought was interesting. I was told the reason XP batteries are secondary is because the case is not able to take the heat like the d batts can...well this scared me because I have an XP under the hood in the second battery tray as my secondary batt... I have removed it since, the plan is to build a sheetmetal battery box and line outside with heat barrier and then reinstall. Anyone ever ran a XP in high heat area of under hood?

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

Personally I wouldn't do it. Stick to the D series under the hood at all. XS Power recommended it too. $.02

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Yep...just love dropping 200 on a battery to not use it and buy another 200 battery because XS doesn't care to share that info before purchasing, only when you contact them will you get the truth of why.

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

I mean they have the batteries broke down into starting batteries and secondary batteries..

Its also not a hidden fact and very known not to use the xp batteries under the hood, simple research or asking a question will tell you this.

Purchased well before I was on this form but yep would have loved to ask the question. And okay its broken down to primary and secondary....there are vehicles that have a secondary battery tray under the hood. If XS would just put on their website, " Do not use XP series near any high heat environment" then all would be good. The average customer shouldn't have to join a forum to find out the product they purchased will not work. Would love for someone from XS to jump on here and give real numbers to likely hood of battery going bad from being under the hood as I assume they have tested this.

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

Like I said. When you go to choose the battery for your vehicle an xp won't pop up. That should have been a good clue

You mean to tell me when I went to look for a secondary battery I shouldn't of looked under their secondary battery list? My mind is blown.

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

Archived