CA: Infraction for Front Window Tint (Need advice)air

I call these game costs. You wanna ball out and make it look good you're gonna catch one of these eventually. Usually it's he same price as new tint so I just pay them and move on.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

im not sure about california law...

you could always go to a doctor and get a prescription that would allow you to have tinted windows.

mine has saved me from 4 tint tickets. down side is when you get a cop with an attitude that will tag on some other bullshit charge because they couldn't get you for tint-

Not sure how that works for you. I asked my doctor about that he said, "That's fucking ridiculous. So do you think by me giving you a piece of paper makes you above the law? Go buy a pair of sunglasses"

Which makes sense to me. If it works for you, then cool. Until a smart cop decides to challenge that prescription and give you a ticket

edit: and yes the doctor said fucking. He's a pretty cool guy

I told my doctor that Cleveland police was hassling me over my tint and that the cops told me I need a perscription from my doctor to have it

Shes really young and hot and was like sure no problem

2hol17m.jpg

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181375-no-custom-window-tint-allowed-in-ohio-anymore/

However it can be real difficult to find a doctor who will print one out

Like n8 said tint can be an ongoing expense sometimes costing $1,000 a year in tickets, just the price to pay to have it where you live.

I get pulled over for them but not ticketed. Legally in Illinois, on an suv, you can tint the front windows to 35 and the backs as black as possible. I've seen some officers use a laser gun or something to read the tint so I just tell them that it's legal and they can use their radar to test. I haven't seen them use it once on my cars and never got a ticket. Just threats that they'll write me one next time.

yup we get them quite often unfortunately it is just a fix it ticket, or i think its like 250. unless the cop actually pulled out some fancy machine to check the percentage you may be able to fight it

The majority of tint detectors are a joke.

nothing like putting one on your front windshield or a untinted side window with solar uv protection and it reading 22% just due to the crap added to the windows to block uva uvb

yup we get them quite often unfortunately it is just a fix it ticket, or i think its like 250. unless the cop actually pulled out some fancy machine to check the percentage you may be able to fight it

The majority of tint detectors are a joke.

nothing like putting one on your front windshield or a untinted side window with solar uv protection and it reading 22% just due to the crap added to the windows to block uva uvb

I have stock tint on my car which is probably 35-40% and it read 9 when they put it on there. He just wanted to see who was in my car because I was in the hood lol

A local officer once told me if you put all your windows down when you get pulled over they will usually leave you alone but if your an asshole you are getting the ticket.

They just want to see who and what is in the car for their safety.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

here is what you do.. man up and pay the fine.. why pay to remove it and pay again to redo it?

i got pulled over months ago for a light that was out.. they made me roll windows down so they can look inside.. they didnt give me a ticket for either the tint or the bulb that was out.. if it was your front windshield you are lucky he let you go.. most the time your car is impounded because to them its an obstruction of view and can be dangerous.. my windshield tint was done for easy removal so if the cop wanted to be a dick and impound the car i can just remove it by pulling it out in seconds

dont bother removing it and just pay the fine

Thank you guys for all the replies. I got pulled over literally for tint only.

Was hopin on to the freeway and a CHP was on the shoulder. I rolled down both of my windows before making eye contact / passing the officer. As im passing, we make eye contact and I do a little nod of acknowledgement. Now im on the freeway getting all the way to the left lane. Its been about a minute since I passed the officer so I roll up my windows. About 20 seconds later, I see the officer on the far right lane speeding with his lights on in my right side mirror... So I roll my windows down again, And then he gets behind me. Pulls me over and writes me the ticket for tint only.

So... Pretty fucked up officer. He made me late to school too haha but it's alright.

Idk what I should try and go talk to the court house / station to ask if I can do the fix-it ticket method even if it's an infraction. Or just wait.

Setup:

20% front 2

5% back 3

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

here is what you do.. man up and pay the fine.. why pay to remove it and pay again to redo it?

i got pulled over months ago for a light that was out.. they made me roll windows down so they can look inside.. they didnt give me a ticket for either the tint or the bulb that was out.. if it was your front windshield you are lucky he let you go.. most the time your car is impounded because to them its an obstruction of view and can be dangerous.. my windshield tint was done for easy removal so if the cop wanted to be a dick and impound the car i can just remove it by pulling it out in seconds

dont bother removing it and just pay the fine

I called the local tint shop and they will remove the 2 front wjndows for free / 60$ to add it again.

So if I didnthe fix-it ticket method compared to the 100-250$ ticket, it's still cheaper to remove it / add it back on. But if I have to pay the fine ON top of removing it, etc. might as well just pat the fine. Thanks for the advice tho

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Archived