Intresting highs idea

nocturnalrites101

yes_zpskizhurca.png

I know the picture is extremely CRUDE. But the idea is there. Basically run a 10 inch sub with a broad frequency response as a midwoofer. So run 2 sets of 3 way components identical ones instead of the stock pair of 6.5 midrange.. run each midwoofer out to a coil on each midbass. so the midbass gets full power and the and the crossover runs normal the amp just runs at a 2 ohm load. simple easy and loud

thoughts?

Are you saying run the 10" and 6.5" off the same output of the crossover?

Never mind I see what you are saying,run two crossovers to one speaker.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The problem with that is those crossovers were designed with a specific speaker in mind and you would be using a different one.

I wouldn't do it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

whats the difference if the component can far exceed all the the crossover points

These passive crossovers that come with component sets are designed so that they sound good with the components with which they are bundled.... at least on the better ones.

If you want to have a 10", 3", + tweeter "3 way" front stage you should invest in a head unit or amp with good crossover options and just use that. I'd say possibly build your own passive crossover circuit, but that can get expensive if you use good components and if you don't have precision measuring equipment and know what you're doing it's very likely you won't just "guess" crossover points that sound good and won't reveal inherent issues with the drivers you pick (for example, many really good speakers have a bad "node" and the factory passive crossover has a filter to tame them down in problem areas).

If you are going that route ... why not do a single 10 midbass, 5.25 midrange, and tweet ???

You're not going to gain much by a pair of 3" drivers ... and time correction on a pair of different mounted tweets is gonna be a bitch ...

Just saying ...

Also, finding a 10" driver comfortable playing up around 270 (well, 500 htz if you are using 3" drivers) might not be too easy ... I paid a pretty penny for mine.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

You know me brother, I'm all about trial and error. Try it out and tell us if it works ...

And out of those brands you mentioned ... is there a 10" driver that will work for this application ???

Your midbass (normally with a 10" driver) will normally run from 270 htz down to 70 htz ... lower if you have good driver.

Now what I think you need to work on is not getting them to play in their proper crossover range, but to get them to blend with 3" midrange drivers ...

They simply will not play that low to blend with larger drivers ... not without massive EQ anyways

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived