Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

C Pillar Wall in S10 Blazer


Shdwblazer

Recommended Posts

Posted

I currently have a 4th order box with 2 sundown zv4 custom on a nendo 3500 @.50 ohm walled at the C pillar. My question is it is not hitting numbers on music that I would like to see. I did a 146.5 @ 36hz at the head rest and I want to know do yall think i would get better numbers building a regular wall or perhaps try and redesign my 4th?

My 4th is 4cuft sealed and about 9.5cuft ported with 144 sqin of port tuned to 45hz. Downside to this box is there is about 3 inches more on the sides I could have used.

I build it outside the truck to slide it through back but I am thinking about building next one inside truck using 2x4s as structure wall around box.

So question is maybe for better spl number on music should i just build another 4th inside the truck or do a standard ported wall??? any help would be nice. I see some trucks hitting higher numbers with a flat ported wall.

Posted

You said you had a few inches on each side; did you seal it off from the rear right there? If not, doing that would make a big difference. Post up a picture of what you have.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Posted

If you are running 2 15" subs.You may benefit of greater port area regardless of other changes you have in mind.

Posted

You said you had a few inches on each side; did you seal it off from the rear right there? If not, doing that would make a big difference. Post up a picture of what you have.

I have not sealed it off yet because I wanted to see how they performed first. Plus I was planning on redoing it so I can move amp and batteries to rear. I'll get u a pic tomorrow.

Posted

Does it even sound good? I can't imagine having a sub stage roll off at 45hz.

It's a 4th. It does not behave like a ported box tuned to 45 would

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Posted

Does it even sound good? I can't imagine having a sub stage roll off at 45hz.

It's a 4th. It does not behave like a ported box tuned to 45 would

I'm sure he was talking about the low pass.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3074 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...