SQ'd 6.5" questions

matt-man

Nothing and I mean nothing in your set up is sound quality.... Soundqubed pro audio is the far far from anything sound quality as well

If you are looking for loud and clear almost anything is an upgrade from stock but definitely not SQ please learn how you use audio terminology correctly it help you achieve the answers you are looking for better

Funny, I don't remember you paying for my system. So until you do, DON'T be telling people that their system suck or that it is far from SQ. I worked my ass off to pay for what I have and I am very proud of it.
Dude, no one is bashing your ride ... those drivers can't put out the dynamics to be considered Sound Quality. There are better options ...

If there are better options then please suggest and not bash. What would you suggest for me and my set-up?

2003 Kia Sedona A.K.A Bob

2 Alpine Type-R 12's @ 2Ohm

Pyramid Audio PB3818 @ 2Ohm

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

thank you for your advice until I reach 5,582 posts I will totally disregard my last 21 years of experience and my zero trophies... I am in the same class as probably 95% of the members on this forum "not rich" and "looking for something that makes me happy" but I would love to be on the other 5% "hey ma watch me spend $30,000" and "those didnt sound good give me a shotgun and my debit card"....lol

from now on SQ will be replaced with ASR.. average sound reproduction.... not everyone can hear everything between 20hz-20khz.... and the words sounds clear is user defined.... i am running clarion SRG1623S Components up front off a Hifonics ZXi80.4 prolly 50rms each and they sound absolutely fantastically amazing and only $50/set and they keep up with 1 dc audio lvl 3 12" just fine

Sorry brother ... but you simply do not have the post count to be telling us veterans here on how to be giving advice. Was a good suggestion though ...
What sounds good in your personal application is not the end all be all suggestion for every vehicle on this forum.
As I've said many times ... Every application is different.
Without knowing the Op's specific setup, who knows what qill fit his needs. Just throwing suggestions out there causing conflict has about the same velocity as a popcorn fart in a whirlwind ...

Lol I couldn't help but while I was reading your post I kept thinking I've always had more SPL in my Sound Quality truck than you do.
Just saying ... yes, im a Sound Quality competitor but I actually have SEVERAL SPL trophies on my shelves too.
Just wait until you see what's going in Whitw lightning for next season ...

thank you for your advice until I reach 5,582 posts I will totally disregard my last 21 years of experience and my zero trophies... I am in the same class as probably 95% of the members on this forum "not rich" and "looking for something that makes me happy" but I would love to be on the other 5% "hey ma watch me spend $30,000" and "those didnt sound good give me a shotgun and my debit card"....lol

from now on SQ will be replaced with ASR.. average sound reproduction.... not everyone can hear everything between 20hz-20khz.... and the words sounds clear is user defined.... i am running clarion SRG1623S Components up front off a Hifonics ZXi80.4 prolly 50rms each and they sound absolutely fantastically amazing and only $50/set and they keep up with 1 dc audio lvl 3 12" just fine

Sorry brother ... but you simply do not have the post count to be telling us veterans here on how to be giving advice. Was a good suggestion though ...

What sounds good in your personal application is not the end all be all suggestion for every vehicle on this forum.

As I've said many times ... Every application is different.

Without knowing the Op's specific setup, who knows what qill fit his needs. Just throwing suggestions out there causing conflict has about the same velocity as a popcorn fart in a whirlwind ...

Lol I couldn't help but while I was reading your post I kept thinking I've always had more SPL in my Sound Quality truck than you do.

Just saying ... yes, im a Sound Quality competitor but I actually have SEVERAL SPL trophies on my shelves too.

Just wait until you see what's going in Whitw lightning for next season ...

O_o

Ah dang ... I can't find it.

Can someone post up the Butthurt form for my new friend MotorCityFats13 ???

Thanks in advance

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Matt-man to be honest I am not anywhere near an expert, and I am probably the last person who should be trying to explain this, but the QP MR 6.5's that I believe that you are talking about are "pro" speakers. What does that mean? To the best of my knowledge, and I am sure the kind people who have been trying to help you will correct me if I am wrong, a "pro" speaker has a very high sensitivity rating because they are meant to just plain play LOUD. From what I hear they lack mid bass... A "pro" speaker is designed to be loud enough to "keep up with" sub stages powered by thousands, or tens of thousands of watts. Those helpful friends are right, the install makes all the difference in the world. A great install can make an average pair of components sound amazing, and a bad install can make an amazing pair of components sound horrible. Were you looking at SoundQubed and saw that the component sets were out of stock and found the pro 6.5's? The tweeter that matches the QP MR 6.5's is about 4 inches in diameter on its face, it weighs about a pound or two by itself. I have had coaxes that weigh less than these tweets do. QP%20MR6.5_zps59meenwa.jpg Will these sound better than stock? YES! Are they what you are looking for? Not if you do not want to cut about a 3.75 inch hole somewhere, or have the skills to build a fiberglass pod for them on your A pillar, or are willing to pay someone to do it. I wanted the Soundqubed QC HF 6.5's too, but was unwilling to wait so I am starting with the Pro set. I have them, but they are not installed yet so I can not tell you how they sound in person. I think perhaps a component set is what you are after, but I do not know. If so there are lots of options. I have no idea what these sound like either, if they would be better for your set up or not, but for $20 more than the SoundQubed pro audio 6.5's there are these https://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/nvx-audio-v-series-6-1-2-2-way-component-speaker-system/

I decided to try the SoundQubed pro series because I wanted an all Soundqubed system, and if it what you want are the SoundQubed pro's do not let me, or anyone else discourage you. It is your system, your choice. There is a LOT of knowledge here at SMD I hope that you do not quit coming here because of people who would rather insult, than educate.

I will admit my bias toward SoundQubed but a better choice for you application may be: http://www.soundqubed.com/2-Way-65-Coaxial-Speaker-Sold-As-Pair_p_250.html You never mentioned how many watts the amp you will be using was, but if you do not want to mount new tweeters this could be the simplest, and best answer for you. Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

I will admit my bias toward SoundQubed but a better choice for you application may be: http://www.soundqubed.com/2-Way-65-Coaxial-Speaker-Sold-As-Pair_p_250.html You never mentioned how many watts the amp you will be using was, but if you do not want to mount new tweeters this could be the simplest, and best answer for you. Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

I was wanting the pro's because a review for the coaxial's said that the pro's were a better speaker for the same price. My amp is a Soundstream PCA2.260 at 260 watts

2003 Kia Sedona A.K.A Bob

2 Alpine Type-R 12's @ 2Ohm

Pyramid Audio PB3818 @ 2Ohm

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

Archived